Notices

Hey Everyone

Old 04-04-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you I definitely will. I was actually reading some information I found on going to your first AA meeting because I hate being unprepared lol. I do appreciate all the help, everyone has been so nice.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Kim, welcome to the site, this lot have saved me from utter destruction!!!! I love coming here & just being able to speak freely, not b judged & it's nice that we all 'get it'. My family & friends r great but they don't get that need/want for booze.......we get it!!!!😉 I'm approaching 6 months, so it works!!!!!
Old 04-04-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by loulou1981 View Post
Hey Kim, welcome to the site, this lot have saved me from utter destruction!!!! I love coming here & just being able to speak freely, not b judged & it's nice that we all 'get it'. My family & friends r great but they don't get that need/want for booze.......we get it!!!!😉 I'm approaching 6 months, so it works!!!!!
Absolutely, it's nice to actually talk to people who can understand and make me feel okay with it. This is really the first time I am accepting I'm an alcoholic. The first time I went to therapy, she actually told me I just abuse alcohol and could probably drink in moderation one day. Honestly I knew I probably shouldn't have, but isn't that what every alcoholic wants to hear? Lol so I kind of held on to it and I just don't like the person I am today. This site has helped me tremendously and it's only been 2 days, so I'm looking forward to being more active on others posts 😊 It's really nice to not be judged
Old 04-05-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 3

Just posted a little update to keep myself motivated 😊. I had a few bad dreams last night and slept for about 5.5 hours straight through which is actually not bad considering what I'm used to at this point. I actually was productive today and did things around my apartment. Got laundry done and cleaned all that fun stuff. And in an hour when my girlfriend gets home from work we're going to the gym which in excited to get back into. Obviously lately I haven't cared too much about my health so this is a good start for me. Just taking it one day at a time 😊 Thanks everyone on SR I have learned a lot about alcoholism and even my own addiction in the past 3 days
Old 04-05-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Kim,
I did the whole therapy, quit for a while, moderate etc route too.... And then it bit me in the a**. I knew for a long time I had an alcohol "problem" and then I knew a for a longer time that the problem, was I was an alcoholic but I wanted to drink- it was fun, and then one day it wasn't. I went to my first AA meeting 66 days ago. I was petrified! But I have been almost every day since and I love it! It is like this forum- it is so comforting to listen to people who get it, and get me.
It was so uncomfortable but it was so worth it. Good luck to ya!!
Old 04-05-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Curlync View Post
Hey Kim,
I did the whole therapy, quit for a while, moderate etc route too.... And then it bit me in the a**. I knew for a long time I had an alcohol "problem" and then I knew a for a longer time that the problem, was I was an alcoholic but I wanted to drink- it was fun, and then one day it wasn't. I went to my first AA meeting 66 days ago. I was petrified! But I have been almost every day since and I love it! It is like this forum- it is so comforting to listen to people who get it, and get me.
It was so uncomfortable but it was so worth it. Good luck to ya!!
Thanks, yea I was only about 23/24 when I did therapy and I figured bc I was so young no way I could be an alcoholic. So I threw out years of staying the track and at first it was all good but not so much anymore and hasn't been for a while. I am nervous but also looking forward to AA. I know its a step in the right direction. I also can't imagine losing my girlfriend honestly. For the first year we were together, I barely drink (she doesn't like alcohol). But then I got involved with old friends I shouldn't have and it all went to hell. But she has stood by me and is excited for me and is willing to be my support. I just know I can't mess up again.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on day 3 Kim! You've had two sober years in the past so you know you can get there again. One day at a time, you're doing great.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccam1973 View Post
Welcome and congrats on day 3 Kim! You've had two sober years in the past so you know you can get there again. One day at a time, you're doing great.
Thanks! I just got back from the gym and I feel great! Now making some dinner with my girl, catching up on the shows we watch and then to bed to wake up to Day 4 😊
Old 04-05-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Morning KimKimma. Welcome to Day 4.

How's it going with writing your sobriety plan and getting to that first meeting that you've been looking forward to? Is these on today's to do list?

There are loads of people on here who can help re sober plans if you need it.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beccybean View Post
Morning KimKimma. Welcome to Day 4.

How's it going with writing your sobriety plan and getting to that first meeting that you've been looking forward to? Is these on today's to do list?

There are loads of people on here who can help re sober plans if you need it.
Sorry it took so long to check in today, I've been busy today. Me and my girlfriend just moved into to a new apartment recently and we haven't exactly settled in. So I was on a crazy cleaning spree yesterday and today. I struggled a little this morning getting going but I reached out to a sober friend and was able to get through it. I also made my famous sauce for dinner which I haven't made in a long time due to the fact I haven't exactly been myself. Everyday I write a gratitude list. I also write a list the night before of everything I want to get accomplished the next day. The AA group I found which is a women's group meets tomorrow night. Honestly I am more comfortable with women so I thought it best to check that one out for my first meeting. Day 4 will be over in about 5 hours and I'm looking forward to day 5 😊 Thanks for checking in on me
Old 04-06-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!