Notices

New to forum on day 4

Old 04-03-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey jax. So pleased to see how well you are doing. You made it through your first week!!!!! Keep on smiling, keep on living, keep on loving!! Well done. Elle
Old 04-03-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Nice work - 7 days is wonderful. I was emotional in the early days - it's quite an adjustment we're making. You're doing great.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Thankful and smiling

Morning everyone,
I'm still here, still sober and determined to make every moment count.

The people here are fantastic, I can't thank you enough knowing that when the insomnia strikes I can have a mooch around and read the stories of others.

I feel great this morning, day off work, just cooking a late breakfast then out for a bracing walk with my puppy dog. Bit of housework to do, then a lovely tea to make for hubby and I.

Brain fog is lifting, tiredness is leaving along with the nasty monster in my brain telling me I can have one glass of wine and no one will know. Difference now is I will know, I know the first drink is the most dangerous. If I don't have 1 I won't have 10. This feels comforting to me at the moment and I am actually enjoying diet soda and ovaltine before bed.

Healing thoughts to all.
J X
Old 04-04-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so glad to hear it, J. You'll never regret making this big change in your life.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Still here, sober day 9
Starting to realise I have no structure to my life and I've got lazy!
Last year I had a terrible time at work, was being bullied and pushed out so I quit. I was on the verge of a mental breakdown due to the situation, tiredness and drinking at least a bottle of wine per evening. Decided to only work part time once I quit the antidepressants ( made me so ill and exacerbated my ocd) hence working in the pub now. I think the next step is a full time job, boredom does not help me be alcohol free. Swedish fish and hot tamales do help the craving for me though ( found an American sweet shop locally) J x