Notices

1 Month - cannot believe it!!

Old 03-16-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Good job amyrose! I had one month yesterday, so high five my friend!! Feels good don't it?!
Feels fantastic! Still scary, but awesome. Congrats on your one month!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Amy!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amyrose View Post
1 Month - cannot believe it!!
Congratulations
M-Bob
Old 03-16-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congratulations amyrose!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberinSyracuse View Post
Believe it, my dear buttercup!!

You did this. Believe it, own it, take credit for it, embrace it, and keep going!

About the weight...I know, right? What the heck? How can we eliminate 118,000 calories per day from our diets and not lose weight? Sheesh, at this point, I should weigh about -74 pounds.

Well, honestly, give it some time. As you continue to stabilize and your health continues to improve (which it is, whether you notice or not), if you still want to drop a few you'll be able to do it.
Agreed that the weight will come off. And I'm certainly feeling healthier and my clothes are loose, so shouldn't complain. Love the -74 lbs :-) Totally agree!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spadge View Post
Congratulations Amy I am so proud of you!!!

We were neck and neck weren't we? But I fell off the wagon at my daughters wedding, so I am back on day four!

So happy for you hun xxx
I was thinking about you this weekend and noticed you hadn't been posting at the wedding. So glad you are back!!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The wedding was absolutely amazing Amy but the champagne was flowing!!! I'm okay if I don't go to any more occasions xxx
Old 03-16-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Congrats Amy, one month is awesome!!! What an amazing accomplishment, kind of feels like a phoenix rising from the ashes doesn't it?

Regarding weight loss, just reiterating what D122y said, for me it didn't happen magically either. I know that's not the case for a lot of people here, but I didn't really lose any weight in the first few months. What sobriety did was give me the opportunity. Now I run about 25 miles a week, try to have a smoothie for lunch at least a couple times a week, and have fruit as evening snack instead.

So, I lost almost 50 lbs in two years, but it definitely didn't happen from just sitting on the couch. Like everything else in life, it came from hard work and effort.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nomis View Post
Congrats Amy, one month is awesome!!! What an amazing accomplishment, kind of feels like a phoenix rising from the ashes doesn't it?

Regarding weight loss, just reiterating what D122y said, for me it didn't happen magically either. I know that's not the case for a lot of people here, but I didn't really lose any weight in the first few months. What sobriety did was give me the opportunity. Now I run about 25 miles a week, try to have a smoothie for lunch at least a couple times a week, and have fruit as evening snack instead.

So, I lost almost 50 lbs in two years, but it definitely didn't happen from just sitting on the couch. Like everything else in life, it came from hard work and effort.
Weight loss happened almost automatically for me, but then again I mostly drank beer and lots of it (empty carbs). Early on i didn't exercise much at all, but weight seemed to disappear simply by not having all those excess carbs/sugar coming in.

Simply quitting alcohol and soda drinks seem to produce almost immediate results for most people.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grubby View Post
Simply quitting alcohol and soda drinks seem to produce almost immediate results for most people.
Then I will sit here in the minority :-) I have quit all "evil" liquid beverages and also significantly stepped up my workouts / gym time. I have made a good start, but the initial loss simply from giving up the calories of wine wasn't noticeable.

Last time I was sober for a year and lost no weight at all. Maybe I'm doomed to sobriety (YEAH) with a few extra pounds. I can live with that tradeoff.

Thanks!!
Old 03-16-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spadge View Post
The wedding was absolutely amazing Amy but the champagne was flowing!!! I'm okay if I don't go to any more occasions xxx
You will be armed with a different plan by the next event. The important thing is you are back!! I need your inspirational stories, so am happy this was a quick bump in the road and you didn't give up!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Fantastic Amyrose!!