Notices

No doubt Weekender March 11 part 2

Old 03-16-2016, 01:25 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Thunder storm rolling in. Going to be a loud night.
I'm so jealous, I'm so excited for summer because of all the thunder storms. Not so excited for the hay fever though.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:26 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Awesome mesa hahaha!!

Omg, I've started watching orange is the new black- I am dying here! It's hilarious!
Orange Is The New Black is my favourite show EVER!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
for a second I thought it was a spring break photo... doesn't look like a regatta, more like a log jam...

It turned out to be a lovely day. And kids were outside playing everywhere.

Ah, the "Ides of March". Goes back to the Roman calendar, the ides was the 13th of the month except for March and couple others. In Julius Caesar (Shakespeare) a soothsayer warned Caesar of impending doom on the Ides of March - the 15th. His pal Brutus was there and as we learned, Brutus was also involved in the conspiracy to rid Rome of Caesar. Caesar asked Brutus something to the effect of "What did that guy say?" Brutus responding something like, 'He said, beware the ides of March'. And Caesar, who believed in that kind of nonsense got all paranoid. Soothsayer was kinda like a fortune teller in those days. At times you will also hear people say, Et tu Brute', which is what Caesar said to Brutus before he died when he realized what a ***** Brutus was. It's meaning translates to 'you too you sonofabeach?' when it is discovered that someone they trusted was working behind their back.
I'm not sure if the **** crowed three times or not in this story.
But Brutus was kinda like a Judas.

And yes, I have the complete works of Shakespeare on my bookshelf.
Awesome!
Old 03-16-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning, folks. Woke up this morning to the sound of rain and heavy wind. Not a nice day. As a friend of mine says, it's a findy wucker.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Do your best

Findy Wucker
Old 03-16-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Welp ~

I found a straight-up Performance Vid of these Chicago sound-alikes doing their one Hit Song circa 1970, but this Movie Clip is right outta some Cheech & Chong Film. That is not the actual Band in this Clip.

And now, for your Listening and Fashion-critiquing pleasure. From the Blockbuster Film 'Bikinis & Rock'. There's just something timeless about Headbands, and Crop Tops, eh?

- 'Vehicle' ~ Ides Of March -

Originally from Ruby's 'Hood...

- Ides Of March - Wiki
Old 03-16-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Good morning, folks. Woke up this morning to the sound of rain and heavy wind. Not a nice day. As a friend of mine says, it's a findy wucker.
That is hilarious!! The rain and wind was very nice to hear all night. It sounds very windy this morning, too.

Ugh you guys, I have this very painful knot between my spine and where my angel wings were once attached aka shoulder blade lol. It kept me up a lot of the night.

You know when you sleep wrong and then you have a knot and can't fully turn your head quickly one way or whatever? That's it. If I look down, pain, to the right, pain. And it feels like it's clamping on a nerve.

I used to lie on the floor with a tennis ball on any tight spot on my back and use my body weight to try to work out the stuck fascia. I don't have any tennis balls right now so I used the dryer ball that is all spiky lololol. It felt good but didn't do anything.

I'm doing wall stretches with my arm going against the three points of muscle insertion.... No relief.

I just want someone to work this kink out... Firm hands, must smell nice, maybe rub my temples with some lavender oil, and then tuck me in after.

That's what I want everyday anyway.

I just sneezed and it was excruciating.

Just go away, muscle weirdness. I'm not in the mood. I got stuff to do.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I read "tuck me in" wrong at first....
Old 03-16-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Orange Is The New Black is my favourite show EVER!!!
Loved it watched all 3 seasons in like a week!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Melina, go get a deep tissue massage and drink lots of water. Hope you get some relief

So much to say about crop tops! I love them but too many people wearing them that shouldn't. Just sayin.

Another busy day here. Looking forward to the weekend and some sleep!

Have a great day rogues!
Xoxo
Old 03-16-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Crop tops and yoga pants. So much to say. But I won't. I don't like to be mean.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Melina ~

Search for <Massage Wooden Roller>. We got one after serious Whiplash. Lets you roll around on the Floor, and really dig into various Body Parts. It's the one where two Cylinders hit either side of your Spine. I can hear/feel offset Vertebrae pop back in. Saved my Bacon during Int'l Travel...

A new Tennis Ball, and/or a hard Rubber Dog Toy Ball are good, too.

I see that the Pic I put up was truncated. Below is the full hilarity...

At a smokin' ZZ Top Concert 2 Summers ago, MesaMate bemoaned 'Muffin Tops' and 'Mullets'. The '60s were simply better to some Folks than others...

- 'My Head's In Mississippi' ~ ZZ Top -

Old 03-16-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Not many crop tops in evidence here - it was pretty cold waiting around outside during the fire drill.

I was quite pleased to get a breath of fresh air though, coworker Dizzee is wearing a new perfume - streuth Jean Claude! It was making my eyes bleed

Hungry now after last night's gnocchi fiasco, I am going splash out on a ricotta and mushroom pizza
Old 03-16-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Good morning. Gray and wet. It was dark when I woke with rain hammering on the window. So hard to get out of bed.

Melina, I hate when that happens with the neck. I hope you can work it out.

Mesa, I just read all about Ides of March. I can't say that I'd heard of them.

I'm going to close my eyes on the train
Old 03-16-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Melina ~

Search for <Massage Wooden Roller>. We got one after serious Whiplash. Lets you roll around on the Floor, and really dig into various Body Parts. It's the one where two Cylinders hit either side of your Spine. Saved my Bacon during Int'l Travel...

A new Tennis Ball, and/or a hard Rubber Dog Toy Ball are good, too.

I see that the Pic I put up was truncated. Below is the full hilarity...

At a smokin' ZZ Top Concert 2 Summers ago, MesaMate bemoaned 'Muffin Tops' and 'Mullets'. The '60s were simply better to some Folks than others...

Ha Ha! BRUT aftershave - the smell of the 1970s, when men were men. Enjoy the quality of the acting in this ad
Old 03-16-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

That Brit Brut ad is great, Sao.
We had some pretty good ones over here, too, as I remember.

Why do some women insist on amounts of perfume that make other people sick to their stomachs? I don't have a sense of smell, but I know one woman who wears way too much, and I can feel the burn in my eyes and lungs when she's around.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hump Day Giggles. Old Perfume/Cologne TV Ads...

- Old TV Commercials ~ You Tube -
Old 03-16-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

I'll have to check out those ads in the office. MLD, I don't have much sense of smell either. Mixed blessing. I miss the scent of lilacs on the breeze in the spring but I also don't smell most nasty stuff so that's good.

Poor Sao. Dizzee's perfume making you dizzy. That lunch sounds good. I've got to figure out what I want.

The WIND this morning! Almost got blown backwards. I want to put my pajamas on and crawl back into bed.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Et tu Brit Brut?

Good day folks and happy hump day. Have not been keeping up with the thread at all last few days. I hope everyone is keeping well.

Got back yesterday from a lovely few days, where the mountains meet the sea. The sun shone gloriously on Monday. We could not really do much: a few short walks and some leisurely drives in the countryside. May it be the first of many holidays. I need to lower my expectations for activities, at least for the next 12 years anyway!

B
Old 03-16-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
I love Orange is the new Black too-
Happy Hump Day! This week is flying.
And tomorrow the corned beef goes in to the crockpot wit poates aND cabbage. I am looking forward to that and got a beautiful one at my local meat market.
not a bad work day ahead. But first, I better get out walking with the doggies.
Have a great day everyone!