Notices

Day 4

Old 03-13-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Kwhite, things will get better with time, keep it going!!
Old 03-13-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi My Friends, I want to thank the people on this site for all of the well wishes. I feel the support...truly I do��. I did the hike and ran a couple of errands but I felt anxious and tried to stay upbeat for the family. Sitting down now and this is another challenging part of the day. Hope everyone is doing ok today.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you'll find some marked improvement this week KWhite - most people do
Old 03-14-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

5:00am and didn't sleep the entire night. I understand what I've done to my body takes time to reverse but I really want to feel sorry for myself. Hope everyone has a happy monday��
Old 03-14-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

You too Kwhite things will balance out
Old 03-14-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ok this has to be one of my worst days Emotionally and Physically. OMG...feel so lost and confused but I don't want to go back. Trying to sit down and relax.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I was able to get a lot more sleep last night but had a really bad headache this morning. I am starting week 2 today clean and I would love to say it's been easy but I can honestly say going back is no longer an option. What a mess I created and I have such a long way to go.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry yesterday was tough & sorry about your headache but excellent job on week 2 that's awesome
Old 03-15-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

5:00pm very productive day but I get to a point where I crash and burn. I finally talked to my best friend about it today. She asked me why I quit cold turkey. She told me what I did was the worst way to do it but she was proud of me. Besides this forum, I have had no one say anything husband or daughter. I don't think they mean anything by it but it would be nice to have a pat on the back from a loved one. Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful family but this subject is taboo. Is it like this in a lot of families? Any comments????? Come on folks talk to me?
Old 03-15-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi KWhite

I don't know about you but my family had heard me say I've quit more than once.
Maybe it's not that they don't care but they don;t want to jinx it by addressing the elephant in the room?

D
Old 03-15-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on another day in recovery. And good job talking to your best friend. Knowing nothing about your specific pills and quantity taken, I have no idea if she is right that quitting cold turkey was wrong, but I do know that it's great you were able to talk to her.

You can get the pats on the back here on this forum. Folks in your family or personal life who do not have addiction issues may not understand just how difficult quitting can be. They may not think you deserve a pat on the back for simply finally doing the right thing by quitting. You can't control how they react.

But, like I said, you can always come in here. We're real people too and we'll be more than happy to congratulate and support you. You're doing great, keep it up!
Old 03-16-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

6:00am - slept thru the night Yeah!!! Casey and Dee, thank you for the feedback. I was taking Percocet for a few years. I started taking it when I had cancer and following that 3 surgeries. Then it just became an excuse to take them and that is that. The excuses are over in my mind and I still remember 2 weeks ago when I started to withdraw. I lost a really good job and walked out on one my first day...who does that?
Old 03-16-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Do your best

We've all done things we regret Kwhite don't let the past define your future
Old 03-16-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

2:00pm - Thanks SoberWolf......you are right it's just hard to think thru it. One day at a time right now right?

Today is a really good day so far but I did notice something about myself. I have a tendency to get very worked up about things. I think the medicine helped me relax that behavior. There is a lot to work on going forward:-)! How is everyone else doing? Did you have a nice morning?
Old 03-16-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you checked in, Kwhite. I am doing good myself. You should join us in the Class of March 2016 thread on this same forum. I've found it's good in early recovery to be around others who are going through similar struggles and triumphs.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I definitely will join. Thanks again:-).