Notices

I didn't put the band aid on right

Old 03-08-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I didn't put the band aid on right

This is a story of a seemingly insignificant event that shows how detrimental alcohol is for you.

I just accidentally cut myself. So I put a band aid on it and it made me remember something that happened a long time ago.

It was when I was drinking a lot. Stumbling about my place often, falling, bruises. And one time I had a small, accidental cut. So I put a band aid on it.

The next morning I noticed that the band aid was placed in the most terrible way possible. It didn't even cover all of the small cut.

In my drunken stupor I had tried to put it on and thought I did it right.

Until I woke up...

THAT is alcohol.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I got a scar on my chest. Looks like a bullet wound. A few days after I sobered up, I noticed this nasty looking hole in my chest. I eventually figured out it was from a cigarette burn that I didn't know I had. Of course, I started taking care of it, but that scar is forever. John
Old 03-08-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've got a lovely long scar on my forehead from when I fell down the stairs one night and split my head open! A permanent reminder! xx
Old 03-08-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I have a lumpy scar on the top of my head. I don't know exactly what happened. I woke up on the floor of my shop with my head in a pool of blood. Took me a few hours to stop the bleeding.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can't even begin to think through the number of things I thought I had done well only to see the carnage in the morning.

Glad you got the band aid on right this time MikeM
Old 03-08-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Got 15 stitches in my forehead because, as we all know, hockey and drinking go together so well. My drinking buddies could be heard out in the waiting room of the ER yelling "How many stitches"? They were betting on how many it would take to close me up.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

I have more scars than I can count from drunken stupidity and falling down. Before I went in to detox four years ago, I was working at a brewery. One morning, I was loading up the delivery truck with pallets of beer (while drunk at work at 8:00 am) and fell between the truck and the loading dock. That was five days before I went in for detox. In the hospital, a nurse told me that my legs looked like I had been in a serious car accident. I just said "You should see the other guy." Then she scrubbed all of the dirt out of the gashes on my shins and knees and cleaned them with alcohol. I didn't think I was so funny after that.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Some awful stories here. I feel for you. I've woken up in the hospital a couple of times. Needed to get my tooth fixed since it got chipped. Bruises. Stuff broken in my place. Oh, the fun of waking up to it all... not.

My original post had a different intent though. It was meant to show that when drunk, you can't even do the simplest of things. Like putting on a band aid.

And this is the dangerous part. If you can't even do the simplest of things, what can you really do?

To be blunt: be a drunken moron who can't do anything and in addition to that, head stupidly into disaster.