Notices

Question

Old 03-07-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question

Had a question about a request I asked my addicted son. He is 35 and he has been a recovering heroin addict. I have pretty good instincts when I feel he may have become active. I asked him to give me info regarding his bank account so that I could determine if my instincts are correct. He said no ... Not necessary. He is presently living with my husband and I as he will be losing his license soon and works possibility that we would drive him to work, therapy.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Ssprung, welcome to SR. I have no experience of heroin or heroin users but I expect your instincts would be pretty good as you know your son. I would not personally ask to see his bank statements as that is pretty intrusive for a 35 year old and would not be 100% conclusive. Have you asked him if he is using? If you have and he said no I would personally take him at his word until/unless proved otherwise

Some more constructive help might be available on Friends and Family of substance users

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 03-07-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Oh Good Luck Ssprung