Notices

Newcomer - Simply just not sure

Old 03-05-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer - Simply just not sure

Hi,

Im looking for some help, i was recently engaged to my partner who had ACoA. We were together for 4 years out relationship was great 90% of the time however there would be fights over trust issues etc. As i was looking on social media sites etc as a outlet when i felt i wasnt being appriciated by her. I knew i should of just spoken to her however, i found it difficult as it would start a fight. However we decided to try which we didnt really but we just got good again. In hindsight i know i should of forced the counciling issue more etc. and looked into ACoC more but i didnt.

However we were truly inlove, we were planning a wedding. And 5 out of 7 days of the week we would no have 1 fight and even the days we did we told each other we loved eachother etc.

Anyway her father (the alcholic) became sick mid last year and died after being sick for 4 months. He died due to alchole being a big part of it. During that 4 months i lost my job of 10 years and we started fighting alot again, about stupid things. Her dad passing affected her alot, i was trying to be there 100% and i thought i was yet she didnt think so.

Anyway once he passes things started looking up again started planning the wedding etc. But then boom she left me, no real anwsers why just blaiming me. I later found out that she had been msging her ex during the period of her dad being sick and has had a breif relationship with him since we have been broken up. Which she accused me of ruining that because i was angry as she was still giving me hope of us again. By coming over and asking me to do things when i said i dont want to be friends unless we try.

Anyway I still love her and i know a part of me always will. I have tried everything to get her back but i just dont think she wants to. I think she still loves me but i dont no.

Anyway as i still care about her and always will, is there anything i can do by helping her with her ACoC? or things i can learn incase one day she does decide she wants to try.

Looking forward to your help
Old 03-05-2016, 03:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds to me like facing your grief and moving on is the work that lies before you.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd let her go and move on with your own life. She doesn't sound too stable right now.

Welcome to the family.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with you both i am at a point of denial greif. I will try and move on however i still want to learn more to it may assist in closure for myself as i may not get it from her
Old 03-06-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum LT!!