Notices

Day one...again.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one...again.

I swear, it's been "day one" too many times. I have to stop. Cocaine has drained basically all of my money. I have no one to turn to for support. My core group of friends have all turn into users, but they seem to handle it better than I do. So I find myself here again, hoping that a random assortment of people can help me through this.

I'm hoping I can say "Day Seven" next week.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there,
Welcome to the site. This random assortment helped me pull through and can help you as well. I hope you hang around and wish you the best on day one.
Jonathan
Old 03-02-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't "hope", "do" instead. Take action to get clean. But first, you've got to want to be clean more than you want to use.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi! A ton of my friends turned into coke heads too, they also seemed to take it better than I did, I just left the scene, no regrets.
They're all still the same, just worse, its just sad.
You can do it xoxoxo
Old 03-02-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to have you with us, gummiriot. Day one - something to be proud of. You can do this.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adventurer

You want to get clean so that's a start. You don't need to follow your"friends" down the path of ruin. Start today.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on Day 1.

Pop quiz: how many 75 year-old coke addicts do you know? Probably none. Know any 80 year-old heroin junkies? Guessing not. That's because people either stop doing hard drugs, or they die young. I hate to be so blunt, but sometimes it's good to have a reality check. Is a drug-fueled lifestyle really that important to you?

Man y of us here have been a part of "The Lifestyle" and we understand the pulls. There are tons of triggers and it seems impossible to stay sober amidst them all - but it all starts with a simple plan. A thought. The realization that you're done. Now you can start building on Day 1 and then focus on Day 2 tomorrow. We've all been there, and many of us have made it out of that hole. Welcome again and good luck, hope to see more of your posts as you make a clean break here.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have had some friends addicted to cocaine. I think it is similar with any addiction. But it does seem your addicted. I have admitted I have a problem with drinking a long time ago but only recently acted upon it. I am going into detox tomorrow. I think if you try to find help, a detox or rehab center, you would be surprised how many people will support you. I was very surprised how many people, ones I didn't think of, support me. And even if people in your life don't overwhelmingly support you, I know (from what I've seen) that people on here will be your best friends and support you. You seem to feel you have an issue with cocaine, and I think that you will get it resolved. Talk with people you trust and people that love you. That is what led me to go into detox. I hope the same will work for you.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Best wishes for your recovery, bud. I've known and seen plenty of coke addicts and it is a hard road, indeed.

Stay strong, make a plan, build a support network, join a recovery group, and stay clean today.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR gummiriot
D
Old 03-03-2016, 12:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gummiriot View Post
I swear, it's been "day one" too many times. I have to stop. Cocaine has drained basically all of my money. I have no one to turn to for support. My core group of friends have all turn into users, but they seem to handle it better than I do. So I find myself here again, hoping that a random assortment of people can help me through this.

I'm hoping I can say "Day Seven" next week.
I always thought my 'friends' we're better drug-users then I was.
In retrospect I can now honestly say they weren't my friends and they all messed up in their own unique way.
The drugs will get to everyone..sooner or later.

C-ya at day 7
Old 03-03-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Gummiriot