Notices

You are Here Weekender Feb 26 to 28 Part 2

Old 03-02-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Wow Sao, I could see getting pulled over just so they can check your washer.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I was going through some photos and came across this. Is it soon time to break out this shirt?
Definitely!

That's adorable.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  
...holds the key

This filling station sign has always cracked me up! Not my photo....got it from the web, but we used to pass this a lot on the motorcycle and bust out laughing every time. At one time it said Live Bait Sandwiches

Old 03-02-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sao....yikes! I'd never make it in the UK lol!!
Old 03-02-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I eat salmon fairly regularly - I usually poach mine in milk, no real danger of burning
Now that's interesting. I'd never have thought to cook it this way.

I baked mine after marinating in a sweet sauce/glaze. It cooks quickly cause it's fish, and so I just lost track of time. Which is what seems to happen for me daily now, lol. I get lost in reading something ... and all of a sudden, I smell the food. Too late. Lol.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Brain, I'm not quite sure about that shirt. Is it comfortable? I'd say wear it anytime you darn well feel like it.

Petals, I hope you feel better soon.

Melina, I like the promises. It is a hopeful thing to realize that the longer I stay on this road, the more comfortable I will be.

I had a large breakfast because I was starving. Burrito with egg, avocado and black beans. That didn't leave much room for my chicken & noodles but I will eat them before leaving for home. I'm going to yoga tonight.

Behan, I had never heard of boyzone or westlife so of course I had to google them and play a video. Then morphed on to Nsync and Boyz2Men. I still don't feel I missed out on all that much in missing any of them on the radio. Or in person.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
Now that's interesting. I'd never have thought to cook it this way.

I baked mine after marinating in a sweet sauce/glaze. It cooks quickly cause it's fish, and so I just lost track of time. Which is what seems to happen for me daily now, lol. I get lost in reading something ... and all of a sudden, I smell the food. Too late. Lol.
That sounds good SP, fish in general marinade well imo - I should bake/roast food more I am always more concerned about getting the oven dirty or smelly 'cos I really hate cleaning the damn thing
Old 03-02-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Sao, that's a hefty penalty for running out of washer fluid. Ouch.

you want to make sure your reservoir is filled here in the winter because otherwise your view is obstructed by salt laid down on snowy, icy days.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I was going through some photos and came across this. Is it soon time to break out this shirt?
Break that bad boy out and wear it like you stole it!
Old 03-02-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Break that bad boy out and wear it like you stole it!
Now I'm picturing brain strutting down the catwalk in it.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

My guy friend would want to buy that shirt from you. He has a series of tacky shirts like that. I say wear it whenever you darn well please.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  

I got the best filling station story ever.
I rented a car in Cancun so I could drive down the coast and see some things. And also, to drive to Chichen Itza. After putting some serious kilometers on the car the day before, I needed petrol. I figured we were driving by the airport and somewhere along the way there has got to be a place to gas up.
NOPE. When I arrive at the “entrance” to the highway I’m thinking this isn’t good. So I pull over to the roadside stand and ask the guy where there is a place to get gas. No gas. Then I explain that I NEED gas now, there has got to be a place within… He gives me the ‘wait here’ sign. Then walks over to the office of the ‘turnpike’ and disappears. In five minutes he comes out the front and motions for me to pull the car over there. Remember that scene in Back to the Future when you see the guys at the gas station come out in a group and attend to the car? It was kinda like that. These three guys come out dressed in jump suits. One has a funnel with a long hose attached and another has a galvanized bucket full of gas. This thing was beat up and dirty. Looked like an old bucket you’d find in an old garage or dump. Dented and beat up it was. One guy opens the gas cap and inserts the end of the funnel hose and holds it in place while the other guy supports the funnel. The third guy then pours this bucket of gas into the funnel to ‘fill me up’. I forget how many pesos it cost but it was worth every centavo. I pay the guy and they disappear around the back. Thank the guy at the stand by purchasing something I didn’t want.
About halfway to Chechen Itza I pull into a town and drive around checking it out. Most people were sleeping I assume. I filled up at the station by the highway and using my best high school Spanish had a nice chat with the fellow.
I’ll never forget those guys coming out with the bucket and funnel. Like a scene from a movie, and I was in it.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please Continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5828201