Notices

Finally Broke Through Day 1

Old 02-18-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If anyone asks me why I am not drinking, I will tell them I'm not drinking today or no thank you. When my brother's tease me for being a drunk, I'll say "look who is calling the kettle black" or however that phrase goes and walk away. I am not there for them, I am there for my friend.

As for the escape the plan, I can always tell my husband its time to go earlier than anticipated but I have it planned so there will be little time for drinking. Also, I don't want to exacerbate any self-induced illness my drinking may have caused.

Thank you everyone for your support. Believe it or not, but Friday is going to be the hardest day for me, its usually the start of my drinking week.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

you are strong and better than this poison. i'm with you my friend. today is my first day too. don't give up, your stronger than a substance.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So, Ive been thinking you guys are right and that I need to go to the doctor. My symptoms have gotten worse at work today and I think it may be a bladder infection. All, I know is although I am scared, its not worth dying prematurely over.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Seeing a Dr regularly is always a good idea NH
Old 02-19-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Got from the Drs earlier and it turns out I do have a bladder infection that spread to my kidneys. Its not acute but they are sending my results to a lab to get a better reading.

I didn't bother going to the doctor's because I was ashamed of my alcoholism which is just stupid and glad I have not been drinking. This is just another example of how my drinking has negatively impacted my life.

My brothers are pushing me to go up tonight, instead of tomorrow, for my friend's wedding but I keep declining. All they are going to do is drink. I wouldn't get there till 10pm at night anyway and they will surely be drunk. What's the point?

I am going to need to stay close to SR this weekend.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
Got from the Drs earlier and it turns out I do have a bladder infection that spread to my kidneys. Its not acute but they are sending my results to a lab to get a better reading.

I didn't bother going to the doctor's because I was ashamed of my alcoholism which is just stupid and glad I have not been drinking. This is just another example of how my drinking has negatively impacted my life.

My brothers are pushing me to go up tonight, instead of tomorrow, for my friend's wedding but I keep declining. All they are going to do is drink. I wouldn't get there till 10pm at night anyway and they will surely be drunk. What's the point?

I am going to need to stay close to SR this weekend.
Sounds like you have a built in excuse of why you can't drink.