Notices

Really tempted tonight....

Old 09-14-2004, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lisa

Really tempted tonight....

I could just sit down and cry. I came home tonight early from work and found my bf with our dealer. He's also a friend of his, but I'd told Josh that I didn't want him in the house anymore. Well, Josh swore up and down he didn't use. When he left I looked, and sure enough there was coke on the coffee table. I'm so discuraged right now. All I really want to do is just cave and get some, then at least our relationship will stay intact. Now he's lying to me. I've only been sober one week and I'm seriously thinking about throwing in the towel. This is just too hard to do alone, and I don't want to lose him. He's on his way back home now, and I'm sure he's still going to deny it and there will be a huge fight over this. I'm just so tired of it all.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Monica

Lisa
We are powerless over what people do or say, but were not powerless over not picking up. Using to make a relationship stay together will end up falling apart in the long run. Show him that you are working a program ( and serious about staying clean) and maybe just maybe he'll see how much better life is without a drug.. Remember play the whole tape through, in the long run will you 2 be happy using together?
Your in my thoughts, keep posting you'll get awesome advice!
Monica
Old 09-14-2004, 07:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hugs for you jp,

man, what a situation. i hope you are able to stay strong. is there somewhere else you could go this evening? a close clean friend or family? someone you trust? how about painting more? or you could post a long vent and feel better? im not sure anything i mentioned would help, but most of the time if i keep extra busy and remove myself from the situation for awhile i feel better and the moment passes.

hang in there jp lisa! dont give up, stay strong! im rooting for ya!

hugs,

dot
Old 09-15-2004, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lisa

Thanks again for the support, guys. I ended up calling a friend that never knew I used and doesn't use either. I didn't tell her what was going on, but it was a nice little escape to not have to talk or think about it for the evening! I survived last night sobriety intact so today makes my one-week birthday! Yay! I appreciate ya'lls posts, you guys are saving me a fortune on a therapist! lol

Still hangin' in there,
Lisa
Old 09-15-2004, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Monica

Congrats on 1 week!! I know you could do it.
Mon
Old 09-15-2004, 07:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 week, and also for making it through last night. That is wonderful. Keep your head up, and let us know how we can help.

Sherry
Old 09-15-2004, 12:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

happy one week jp! you rock!

hugs,

dot
Old 09-15-2004, 12:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow JP, congrats on one week AND for making it clean through an awful situation!!