Notices

talking about it leads to discoveries....

Old 01-22-2016, 09:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

talking about it leads to discoveries....

im so overwhelmed by the tsunami of support ive had from my friends at work - i work a dirty job but it pays well (in a steel yard). the people there are all i know in this country since i am an immigrant from Northern Ireland, so as you can imagine the company i keep at work is the same company i keep for my binges (although alot of the time i fly solo). they have all been messaging me and talking to me lending there utmost support and not once have i had someone try to lead me astray, if anything they will stop me from slipping - talking about what i want to accomplish with this new found sobriety has lent itself to some discoveries. when i say things like 'i have to get sober i will not be drinking' and then hearing things like 'yeah ive been in rehab for that' etc etc is so humbling as it shows me that i am most definitely not alone and also shows me that they are not just drinking companions. i was afraid i would lose alot of people in my life over this but it turns out they will help me fight my fight and keep me inline better than i ever could by myself. I am beyond thankful for this, and i am beyond thankful for this community and am so glad i registered here. Is there some kind of weekend support thread here or something as right now would be the time i start bingeing until god knows when (fri nite after work until sunday night usually....) and i would like to be able to check in and talk with people of similar habbits!! EX habbits lol - anyway thats 5 days i still feel like **** and my anxiety is absolutely thru the roof but i am thinking i am no longer afraid of the road ahead, im ready to embrace it and look forward to being able to live my life like a normal functioning man. hope this thread finds you all well and inline on this friday night!
Old 01-22-2016, 09:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's wonderful you have found that your work friends are so supportive!

There's a Weekender thread here, yes. I'm on iPad otherwise I'd copy and paste the link. Someone will come along soon and do that. It's located in the Newcomer to Recovery section of the forum.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep, I have found the same thing. Heck one long time good friend that I have drank many of times with said when I told him I was going to be sober agreed and said he felt the same way about it too. He has come along to a few AA meeting now and has a month in of not drinking. So yeah talking about it has been a very positive thing for me also. By the way that weekender link
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-jan-22-a.html
Old 01-22-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! There is a weekender thread, and also a January class. I have been part of a few classes in the past, but I am determined to make this the class I stick with for sobriety! The nice thing about SR is you will always find someone online. Glad you are here!
❤️Delilah
Old 01-22-2016, 10:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hey delilah that was ur 2222nd post lol thats kinda cool =)
Old 01-23-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

January Class thread is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-12.html

D
Old 01-23-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent news