Notices

So close to drinking

Old 01-15-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
Friday nights used to make me squirrely but now they generally do not...the reason is that I did whatever I needed to do to get through the evening without drinking. The more Friday nights I was able to tuck away without drinking is what makes it easier. We HAVE to break the cycle that we created with our drinking habits. We NEED to find new alternatives. You are doing AWESOME coming on here to find support. It is so not worth drinking and having to go over the b.s. over and over in dealing with the negative consequences that our drinking always creates. I'm so glad to have that nonsense out of my life!
Yes and I'm so grateful to have all of you here.. Never thought an online platform would actually mean anything to me but I wouldn't even be on day 5 without it. I do have to break my habits, and my cycles. One day at a time as they say
Old 01-15-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Everyone has offered great advice, and Dee's links are awesome.

For me, it came down to a cost/benefit analysis. Would drinking on Friday be worth the anguish on Saturday? No. Three hours of drunkenness, and then a crap weekend, or potential slide into a bender that would take me days to crawl out of.

I really doubt anyone ever woke up after drinking, and said, "Damn, I am SO glad I did that!" Consider the gift that Saturday will be.

Sending good energy your way.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Change4good View Post
Everyone has offered great advice, and Dee's links are awesome.

For me, it came down to a cost/benefit analysis. Would drinking on Friday be worth the anguish on Saturday? No. Three hours of drunkenness, and then a crap weekend, or potential slide into a bender that would take me days to crawl out of.

I really doubt anyone ever woke up after drinking, and said, "Damn, I am SO glad I did that!" Consider the gift that Saturday will be.

Sending good energy your way.
Yeah I hear you- I don't think I could go through these 5 days again either..
I've been waking up disgusted and ashamed of myself every single morning for as long as I can remember now so I don't want to do that any more. Drinking isn't worth it...its just getting that through to my brain now lol
Old 01-15-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Nic, it was so wonderful to read how you pulled through! Very well done. It really works to come here and post beforehand. Great that you went out with your mum too. Well done! It will only get easier from here, with every sober day and weekend.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Melki- looking forward to waking up and it being day 6!!!!