Notices

Separation amd sobriety.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Separation amd sobriety.

After years of struggling my partner of 16 years and I are splitting. We have 4 kids and now my concern is with them and my not drinking. I'm sad but I'm relieved. Within a week she made a bid on another house and although that's kind of fast (we haven't spoken to the kids yet) I'm happy that she's moving on and found a place she likes.

I know I'm the one who wanted this but I'm still sad and scared. I don't want to go back - just venting I guess. Coming here because my AV has been a bit of an annoyance tonight.

I just keeping saying "one hour at a time" and think of the kids

Thanks for listening
Old 01-07-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

if you have to go one minute at a time go ahead. It must be hard, but keep strong you can do this.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnMyWay7 View Post
After years of struggling my partner of 16 years and I are splitting. We have 4 kids and now my concern is with them and my not drinking. I'm sad but I'm relieved. Within a week she made a bid on another house and although that's kind of fast (we haven't spoken to the kids yet) I'm happy that she's moving on and found a place she likes.

I know I'm the one who wanted this but I'm still sad and scared. I don't want to go back - just venting I guess. Coming here because my AV has been a bit of an annoyance tonight.

Thanks for listening
I understand...my husband left after I had a year sober. We had 2 kids and I was a stay at home mom. I stayed sober raised them by myself, never even dated, I relapsed 10 months after my son graduated high school and my dad passing away. I tossed almost 14 years sober down the drain. Met Dave and got engaged. Now he has been gone a little over a month. Take it easy. Sometimes things happen and it will be for the better.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes endings have to happen for beginnings to begin, I guess, OMW?
You'll always find support and encouragement here - you are not alone

D
Old 01-07-2016, 10:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's a tough situation, Onmyway, but you can get through it. Stay close; the AV likes to take advantage of us when we're down. Don't let it.

Delfin
Old 01-08-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 01-08-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnMyWay7 View Post

Thanks for listening
I can relate OnMyWay. My wife of almost 24 years has decided she wants a separation. We're beginning the process now. This and I'm just beginning my sobriety journey. I'll be on SR a lot over the next few months looking for support. I'm going to need it, and so will you, I'm sure. Best of luck moving forward...
Old 01-08-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It must be scary right now OnMyWay but i'm sure this is a new beginning for you. Hopefully without all the stress the AV will go into retreat

Sending good vibes your way