Notices

Feels like I got beat with a baseball bat

Old 01-02-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Okay: Let's look at the word "responsible", shall we?

I don't know about you, but I take responsibility VERY SERIOUS. Sometimes too serious, truth be known...(but that's an issue I'm working on and is tied in with my perfectionism).

So, when I am responsible for something, I feel like I need to do what is ultimately the BEST. Let's all put our thinking caps on and sweep away the AV which will try to convince us of possible benefits alcohol has.

I know, if I am being honest that the BEST is to abstain from alcohol.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi opcode, in my experience if you're a person who likes (or ends up more to the point) overindulging to the point you describe, I think stopping will be easier than cutting back. I've tried many time and failed. I don't know how I'll succeed stopping but total abstinence has become the only realistic option. I've tried limiting drinks, changing drinks, going home early, avoiding certain places or people...none of it has worked. I'm not saying everyone is the same but it's something to at least consider. I am at the point now where drinking is wreaking havoc on my life. I wish I could have stopped and stayed stopped from the first attempt. Good luck.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I tried to be a normal drinker, but failed miserably at it. It is much easier to just not drink at all. And my life is so much better for it. My needs are simple and my wants are few. And without alcohol's problems, I live a peaceful life, free of drama and sickness.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Opcode!!