Notices

Black dog, purple rain and a monkey on my back

Old 01-01-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Congratulations to you, Fabat50. This is a monumental achievement, and you will do well to sit and contemplate this, to understand the magnitude of this achievement. You are a brave and courageous person, who has succeeded where many others have failed. You are a badass, and you need to congratulate yourself. You did it, you are doing it, and you can continue to do it. For good.

Nothing can stand in front of you, and you will triumph simply because you have decided. You have all the power, and a life with joy and beauty and a little happiness in your own measure is waiting for you. Grab hold, and never let go. It is yours.

Onward!
Love that! Yes I really am a badass aren't I! We don't use the word here but I am going to keep telling myself I am one badass lady!

All the best x
Old 01-01-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Fabat, zolpidem is the generic name for Ambien.

Definitely talk to your doc about this.

I took Ambien for nearly 20 years (about as long as it has been on the market) for severe insomnia. I was always careful to not abuse it. I took it 5 nights per week and deliberately skipped it on the weekends. Over the past 2 years I very slowly tapered down. I now take 5 mg (the smallest dose, I think) once or twice a week.

Many years ago I taught myself self-hypnosis to control pain. I hadn't used it in years. As I've tapered off Ambien, I've been practicing self-hypnosis again. It works some of the time.
Wow, I have read so much about Ambien. I had no idea that Zolpidem is the same thing. It is so confusing to keep up with generics and brands and names in different countries. I was taking 10mg for about a week. It's all in the bin. I can't take any risks.

The self hypnosis sounds impressive. My Psy practices hypnosis and also something he calls ADLM or something like that which is similar to hypnosis but my mind is not receptive to these practices at the moment. I am starting to enjoy meditation though.

All the best. Thanks for the insight on the sleep med.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing you a good day Fabat
Old 01-01-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Was so glad to read that it was OK to have a couch day. Feel tired and unmotivated and get all wound up thinking I should be DOING something. I'm trying to just do little things then back to the couch with my book which I am only now able to concentrate on. Am determined to hang the washing and clean the kitchen then hit the couch sober. Remaining sober is DOING something. It does take work.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by Fabat50 View Post
Love that! Yes I really am a badass aren't I! We don't use the word here but I am going to keep telling myself I am one badass lady!

All the best x
Well, heck, YES! You are! Definitivement!
Would 'dur a cuire' come close?
Old 01-07-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Exactement! Je vais peut être changer mon pseudo!