Notices

Hopeful

Old 12-24-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 5, these few days are stressful for many of us including myself. I'm pretty focused on not drinking right now though so I feel I'm good. For me the hardest time will be that drive home from work close to the liquor store. That has been my routine for years every day and will be hard to break. There really is no route change, I live in a pretty condensed area with multiple stores.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Great job on 5 days, keep it up. You'll get there, won't even think of that liquor store, too often. Yeah it'll still pop up once in awhile, but it gets easy to let it go.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Holidays are difficult. I agree with Least. Be careful. I know I have a very hard time staying sober once I've gotten a week behind me. A slip up never seems so bad then.
That kind of thinking kept me drinking for at least a year after geting past the daily obsession, and I did probably more damage to myself in those sporadic slip ups than any other year.

Keep up the good work. It can be diferent for you
Old 12-25-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Today is hard. I did the Christmas thing with family last night and today, and now feel like I can actually relax after a busy week. I really can't take my mind off going to the store right now.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay focused and stay logged in here sickofit

A little short term discomfort right now will really pay off for you tomorrow morning

D
Old 12-25-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

SR is in your corner SickOfIt!! You can do this!!
Old 12-25-2015, 10:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

AA takes up a lot less time than me drinking ever did. Nice folks in there too. Another plus - I have zero time hungover.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chrcarlson View Post
AA takes up a lot less time than me drinking ever did. Nice folks in there too. Another plus - I have zero time hungover.
I probably need help like this. I went the 5 or 6 days, then started right back up. I have managed to go drink 6 of 13 days this year so far after drinking at least a pint >90% of days last year.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Originally Posted by SickOfIt79 View Post
I probably need help like this. I went the 5 or 6 days, then started right back up. I have managed to go drink 6 of 13 days this year so far after drinking at least a pint >90% of days last year.
I think you're absolutely right. Your intentions are good but you need more tools and support. Can you pick a meeting and get to it either later tonight or tomorrow?

By the way, this is not a "pro-AA" site; just a lot of people have been helped by it. At a minimum it's something you can do right away to get some support.

I also suggest you try reading and posting here a lot more frequently. It really does help. You will get a lot of strength from this site if you participate. Can you log in once a day or so?
Old 01-13-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Welcome and you already have contributed. Just sharing who you are and where your at is good for you and everybody. I hope you get what you need here to get the sobriety you want. It also never hurts to get checked out by an MD in the beginning. Best of luck and we are all here for support. Best wishes. John