Notices

Day 4 grr

Old 12-17-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 grr

Today is day 4 and all I want to do is sleep. I made myself put up that plastic stuff on my bedroom windows. Not feeling like I was after meeting last night. Christmas is right around corner and I will be alone. Sober but alone. Need something to light a fire under my rear. Got a new BB last night but haven't opened it yet. Still planning on going to meeting tomorrow. I just feel blah
Old 12-17-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Recovery is a long process but it does get better. For now just focusing on staying sober is just fine. Going to meetings is a great way to start!
Old 12-17-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh I know W. Did it for 13 years. Just kinda stinks starting all over, but that's my own fault!

Susan
Old 12-17-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's normal to not feel 'right' in early recovery. Hang in there and stay sober, it will get better.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is not unusual to do a lot of sleeping during early recovery. Both your mind and body need time to heal and adjust. All I can say is that is does get better, but it takes time and a lot of patience. Mood swings like feeling blah are also very common but doesn't last very long. Getting sober in the beginning is just plain he**. Some people eventually give in to these problems, want to get a decent night's sleep, want to feel better and go back to drinking only to start over again. From a person who has started over many times, it's just not worth it. Four days is a huge accomplishment. You worked hard for it.
I hope you don't give up and keep going to the meetings. Try to find positive things to do, even if it's little things even if its just eating some ice-cream, going for a walk or watching a movie. Even if you don't want to do it cause your feeling blah, do it anyway.
Last thing. Does the meeting you are going to have any Christmas activities going on?
Oh, last last thing. I will also be sober and alone on Christmas so I know the feeling. It's a tough spot to be in and some people choose to drink and have the bottle be their companion. For me I'd rather be alone than sitting with something that's trying to kill me. I'd rather hang out on SR with like-minded people, watch a movie that has nothing to do with Christmas and have a pizza delivered. By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY AND SOBER NEW YEAR. Your really not alone. John
Old 12-17-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
For me I'd rather be alone than sitting with something that's trying to kill me. I'd rather hang out on SR with like-minded people, watch a movie that has nothing to do with Christmas and have a pizza delivered. By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY AND SOBER NEW YEAR. Your really not alone. John
I will be with family this Christmas and will definitely be staying sober but it's going to involve a lot of driving, small talk and questions about why I'm still single and dealing with usual family craziness. So... that scenario you played out there doesn't sound half bad thinking about it, haha. But 2muchpain is right, you are not alone. I will definitely still be checking in here even on Christmas Eve and Christmas day.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 5. Got plastic up on all but one room today, what a pain! It is warmer in here have heat set at 66 and I am not cold yet lol. Just back from my meeting was good and yes they have a Christmas meeting with potluck following. Just not sure about going. Thanks guys and gals. I want to drink because of boredom but I don't want to cause it would be day 1 again and darn it I want my sobriety!

Susan

Haven't figured out how to quote other people's remarks yet. My brain is not functioning properly. Geez lol
Old 12-18-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Garden1228 View Post
I want to drink because of boredom but I don't want to cause it would be day 1 again and darn it I want my sobriety!
Good call! No reason to mix boredom with a hangover and the letdown of day 1 all over again. Stay strong! You are doing great
Old 12-18-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great going on 5 days GG. Be kind to yourself & keeping moving forward!
Old 12-18-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on this good start to a better life.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on 5 days Garden1228

D
Old 12-19-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 4 Garden