Notices

New life

Old 12-15-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New life

I just got out of jail this week and while I was in jail my girlfriend got clean. I know I should stay clean and I love her but I never thought about getting clean while locked up and now I feel like the only thing I counted on being the same when I got out which was partying has gone, I went out with friends the first couple nights but it was different and felt weird and now I just feel miserable and like I failed at everything even partying.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tpickles

Haven't you thought of life beyond partying tho?
Don't you want to support your girl;friend and her decision to be clean?

D
Old 12-15-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea I just feel lost I used to go to meetings and that's where I met her and then I relapsed and got locked up and she visited me and talked to me the whole time and now that I'm out she expects me to go to meetings and open up to people but everyone at the meetings is her best friends who talk about everything, and I love her she's great she just doesn't understand and I can tell she's pissed that I'm not as into the fellowship as she is she started going like 5 years ago and she accepted it easy i just hate talking to people
Old 12-15-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like your gf is doing pretty well

I dunno what to tell you man - I burned through a few relationships because I wasn't ready to stop partying.

I really regret that now - those partying years were all pretty empty when I look back now.

I could have gotten clean and sober 10 15 years before I did.

D
Old 12-15-2015, 09:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey maybe this is your time? I don't know about you but when I got out of jail I wanted it to be the LAST TIME. Especially since alcohol and drugs sent me there.. I hope you can find your way mate, theres a much better life out there for you
Old 12-15-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What helped you get and stay clean?
Old 12-15-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

And yea she is doing good she hit 9 months today ��
Old 12-15-2015, 10:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well hop on the band wagon with her. Most people do it alone, but here you are, you have someone that will gladly help you and stay sober with you.

Others try to get sober and are stuck with alcoholic SO's and it sucks.

Nothing is stopping you except your own fears about life if you give up drugs and partying, which is entirely delusional, that fearful thinking is just deeply ingrained addiction. Only good comes from a sober life, your brain will heal, and you will wonder how you were so brain washed by your addiction.

You have NOTHING to lose by doing good, Nothing bad will ever come from doing good, and good meaning staying sober and abandoning the party life.

You have someone already sober, join her, most people do it alone, and it sucks.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was an alcoholic and pot head tpickles...but it got to the point I didn't want to die...I was 40, and drinking all day everyday for several years, and was in a pretty bad way.

This community really helped me to work out what I wanted and how to get there.

Even tho I didn't want to die I still worried about missing out on the good times... but being here, and reading my own story in so many other people's posts, convinced me that I was really missing out on something great by not being sober.

I got sober 8 years ago - it was a little tough there for a while, but I've never regretted it

D
Old 12-15-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The fact you are here - welcome by the way - is a sure sign you are thinking of the future.

Are there any other support groups you could attend that your gf doesn't go to? Ones where you won't feel you 'have' to open up as you will be attending as you rather than your gf's bf and as she's comfortable talking they think you will be (if that makes sense!!)
Old 12-16-2015, 03:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm 33 and I am so thankful I'm sober more thankful to be alive, do you think at 33 if i thought i was getting a bad deal by staying sober that I would stay sober ?

Better yet do you think your gf would stay sober for 9 months if something good wasn't happening

Were in this together all the way bud you in ?