Notices

Tomorrow

Old 12-09-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow

I dread tomorrow. Tried to stop today, the withdrawals were awful, not just shakes and feeling bad. Vomiting and full blown ticks, tremors, whatever. I thought I would slow it down today and be ok ish in the morning. Nope, been at it all day again. Now I have to deal with work, the hospital maybe, why do I do this?
Old 12-09-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fear kept me drinking for a long time JayEl.

Going to the hospital tomorrow may not be the worst thing to do?

D
Old 12-09-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

When I was in your situation, I found a huge amount of relief by going to the hospital and entering a detox program. Maybe this is what you need?
Old 12-09-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its ok to ask for help.

Going to a detox facility gives you the luxury of concentrating on YOU. You are important and deserve another chance. See what the doctor says
Old 12-09-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The initial few days will be rough...no way around that, but it is only temporary. Do seek medical help though...better to be safe if you are having severe symptoms.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm still fooling myself that I'll make it to work tomorrow. Can't imagine how that would go after a few hours. Thanks for the replies, I have a lot to think through.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your post reminded me of all the times I tried to quit. I thought one day was damn near impossible for me. I'm sorry that you're going through all of that right now. I had read on here a few months ago that it is harder to get sober than to stay sober. So far I have found that to be true. I think whatever it takes for you to stop drinking is what you should do. Maybe that is a medical detox. Then take it from there. You'll be more able to deal with work when you're sober.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Do what you need to do to take care of yourself...you are worth it!!
Old 12-10-2015, 12:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

JayEl being sober saves my life every single day

No drinking is a no brainer
Old 12-10-2015, 01:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We gotta draw a line in the sand at some point JayEl and get off the merry-go-round.

It's gonna be tough initially as the body adjusts, but if we keep reaching for that light at the end of the tunnel, and trust me there is, you'll never have to go through this ever again if you don't want to!!

You can do this!!
Old 12-10-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Jayel,

If things are as bad as you described, take the day off work and go to the hospital today to see what help with detox they can offer. Be completely honest with them about your level of consumption and the symptoms you just experienced trying to stop. I'm sure your employer would rather you did that, and they get a healthy, sober, happier, fully functioning employee as a result, than for you to stagger into work hungover and try and stumble through the day without messing up too badly. And for that pattern to just keep repeating itself over and over again.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If you peel back all the layers and really look at yourself, more times than not your actions are fear based. I can tell you that if you do it right, getting sober really is not scary at all. I wish I would have know this 20 years ago. If going to the hospital today is what it takes to really hit home that you have a life threatening disease then so be it. You can do this. We are rooting for you!!
Old 12-10-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hello, JayEl. I dreaded stopping too, because of horrifying withdrawals but I finally had enough and went to a county detox. I had a seizure while there and spent over a week in the hospital. Then I went to rehab for 2 months. I now have nearly seven months of sobriety and I am beginning to feel happy again, finally. You can do this and SR is a wonderful place for help and support.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi JayEI , I feel your pain as its still fresh in my memory but you know it must be faced . I was like you , just a couple to get me through this then at at all day again .
Sound advice from the above about medical help if its too bad . I had some prescibed diazepam , strong vit B complex and got there with alot of determination and staying on SR .
Old 12-10-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

We do understand how hard this is, Jay.

Seek help at the hospital or with your dr if you are concerned about your withdrawals. Hopefully you will begin to feel better soon.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I agree with others JayEl, it may be time to wave the white flag and get professional help. I like how your phrased going to work tomorrow (fooling yourself). I've done it. It's probably not going to happen, so maybe get some help? Wish you the best.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hope your doing ok today JayEl...how are you hanging in there?