Notices

Fell of the Wagon and then some....

Old 12-02-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Fell of the Wagon and then some....

Yup, sad to admit that but I totally fell off and stumbled for the past month.

Full of regret and mad at myself for giving in to the temptation. I had hoped it would be different but ultimately I ended back down in the same hole as before.

Really hoping this time will be different, may even start going to AA.
Gonna quit smoking too...

All around wanna better myself and this isnt working anymore. Sobriety is key, I know it.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Kirky - you stumbled and fell. What counts is that you dust yourself off and get right back up and take on this journey.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Kirky. We all hoped we could return to drinking and it would be "different" and many of us tried..over and over and over again, but with the same exact result you found.

Instead of "hoping this time will be different", why not make it different and take action to assure it's different? Sobriety is much more than simply "not drinking". You mention that you may try AA - why not commit to trying it? Maybe it will work for you, maybe it wont...but it definitely won't if you don't try it.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice to see you Kirky
Old 12-02-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea, Ive been before when it was court appointed and HATED it but at that point in my life, I didnt think or realize that I had a problem.

Now I know better so I think AA would be right up my alley. I was just explaining to a friend, thats its not so much wanting to talk about it but just to be around people who understand the struggle will help alot. Its kind of how this place was beneficial to me.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Kirky -

Welcome back. Yeah, AA (or any other tool) doesn't work until you give it your all. Let us know how your first meeting goes.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kirky View Post
Now I know better so I think AA would be right up my alley. I was just explaining to a friend, thats its not so much wanting to talk about it but just to be around people who understand the struggle will help alot. Its kind of how this place was beneficial to me.
welp, this place may have appeared beneficial to ya, but ya still drank. so, going to aa and being around people f2f who understand the struggle without any action on changing you might not work any better.

the brakes on my car were bad. read on the net how to fix em.i even had the tools to fix em.. didnt do anything to fix em, but knew how.I even have the tools!
after the brakes finallly failed i crashed into a tree. the shop said," welp, if ya would have used the information given ya and broke out them tools and got into action fixin yer brakes ya prolly wouldnt have crashed into that tree and now have a lot more work to fix it."
Old 12-02-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and that you're making some plans, Kirky.

As Scott said, we need more than hoping this time will be different. Gosh, I had that thought a million times. But, it wasn't until I make a plan and took action that things began to change. You can do this!
Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Some of the greatest people on earth made many many mistakes ,but they learned from them and never made the same mistake again . AA does work ! if you follow the recovery program . take care .

Regards .

Stevie.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Kirky - I agree with the others - you can absolutely *make* this time different.

Go get 'em

D
Old 12-02-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It was on the heels of falling off the wagon for over a year and it just getting worse and worse that I finally humbled myself enough to go to AA, get a copy of the Big Book and read it.... several times over.

I made a choice.... to live my life fully and completely and to accept that for me, that meant without drinking.

AA was a tremendous help to me in honoring that choice.

AA didn't get me sober.... but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had the success in sobriety that I have had without AA.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Kirky. I'm glad you wanted to talk about what happened. You can get back on track, there's no doubt.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I know how that feels. The fact that you are willing to give it another try and not stay in that place is good.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice day Kirky
Old 12-03-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome back Kirky!!