Notices

I need a friend or two..

Old 11-24-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

youcangetthere - I just joined here myself. If you are like me, you can't have just one or two. I would tell myself that all the time and ALWAYS found a way around that self imposed limitation. I am all or none, no matter what I tell myself. I have to quit totally.

If that is your path, then I am right here with you to fight this.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi & Welcome Youcangetthere
Old 11-24-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

how's it going youcangetthere?
Old 12-06-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hang in there. YOU can and will do what you are trying to do. You have to train your mind to do other things. Running, reading about addiction or alcoholism and find about what alcohol does to your brain and to your body and organs. It will give you a clearer understanding. You are trying to get there and that is what MATTERS right now. TRYING. Pretty soon you will get a week, the week will turn into a month and so on. Just keep on trying and be observant and analyze each stumble and fall. Notice your triggers, how you were feeling, where you were at, what you were watching on tv, what you were listening to, who you were with. All of these things can be triggers. Then you will start knowing who you can hang around with, where you can go, what is good for you and what is not. Being on this site has been a mooring tool for me and it does help. So stay strong and do not give up. You are on the right track and YOU CAN GET THERE.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome! We have all been where you are now. You have came here and admitted that you need/want help. What a fantastic start! So many wonderful, supportive people here, all wanting to help you on your journey to recovery.