Notices

whoops

Old 11-20-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ksm

whoops

Well a bad day happened and I went straight for solace in a bottle and now feel horrible, guilty, ashamed and full of self loathing! Help
Old 11-20-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey ksm, stop drinking now and start your recovery again tomorrow....

We can learn from our triggers for next time..and we never fail when we keep trying.

I hope you are okay, don't dwell in the shame and guilt they are pointless emotions unless they are used to propel us forward...
Old 11-20-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ksm
you can stop this turning into a catastrophe - just dump whatever's left and recommit to sobriety.

don't let one mistake grind you down - you can learn from it and keep moving forward

D
Old 11-21-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Put this feeling on your tape. ...and play it forward the next time that AV sneaks in. You got this!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 12:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

The morning after i never found any solace ,
Just sickness and worry over what i'd done whilst being on a blackout .

I hope next time you seek solace you come here and start a thread about it, go to a meeting , whatever it is ..

Up's and down's will happen, thats life, be prepared to deal with them sober .
Posting didn't make me feel much better but it gave me a cliff edge to cling too .

It wasn't what i wanted , I wanted to magic the feelings away but it was enough to get through .
Make the next decision the right one ,

m
Old 11-21-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bad days will happen whether we're sober or not but we have a better chance to stay sober if we realize that alcohol will never make a bad day better. I had to learn a whole new way of dealing with the ups and downs in life. Trial and error, talking it out with someone in sobriety, positive self talk. What kind of support network do you have in place? If you're having a bad day you can talk about it. Put it in perspective.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

The most important tool to remember is to reach out before, dont beat yourself up but do pick yourself up dust yourself off & try again keep adding to a plan

You can do this
Old 11-21-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Start again KSM. Don't beat yourself up, but prove to yourself that you have learned from this slip. We didn't learn to become alcoholics overnight and we won't re-learn how to get back to a sober life overnight either. The only time you truly fail is when you give up and don't learn from your mistakes.

Use this as a building block to help you stay sober tomorrow. Remember to reach out to us when you are feeling weak so we can help get you through the tough patches.

Trust me, it does get easier with time!
Old 11-21-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Not to long ago I had an especially bad day. I drove directly to a liquor store. Stayed drunk for at least a week after that. Payed the price with withdrawals for another week. Once my head cleared, I realized all I was doing was punishing myself for having a bad day. In a way, I was blaming myself for not being able to control what was going on around me, which obviously I couldn't. When I looked at it that way, it seemed kinda silly to drink over it. This way of thinking has helped me to get through those bad days in a healthier way. Still not easy, but it works for me. John
Old 11-21-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello KSM! Thanks for sharing. I too have had bad days and the thing that has worked for me is to surf through my thoughts about the day, surf through the pain, and let it pass. You'd be surprised how much power you attain by allowing yourself to analyze bad days and surf past them. The drinking only made it worse and it took my power.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ok...get it over with. no speech here. See ya when yer done..hopefully tomorrow. Peace.