Notices

My story (so far)

Old 10-29-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My story (so far)

Hello guys, This is the first Blog I've made.. My name is James, 22, London, Gay.

I really don't know where to start, I've had a battle with myself from the age of 14 where it started, I had an eating disorder 'till the age of 17, I did recover from my eating disorder but replaced this with a much harder battle.

At the age of 17 I started using cocaine, ketamine, MDMA, for fun purposes, it was fun for the first year but then i noticed my mentality and self esteem slowly slipping,
I have been hospitalized 4 times due to over-dosing myself attempting to kill myself from the age of 17-20.

At the age of 18 to 21 I started moving on to heavier drugs such as Crystal meth, GHB, Mephedrone. The past 5 years have been pretty much a blur to me, but i do know is i regret it all and it has made me hate myself as a person because of all the relationships i ruined with my family/friends. At the age of 20 I was hospitalized, intensive care, my body shut down from being awake for 7 days on Crystal Meth, my family/friends all got called to the hospital as nobody was sure I was going to make it through. At this point i knew something had to change, I cut down on my addiction completely, this also involved me cutting everyone off, I isolated myself for a year, during this year I replaced all the heavier drugs i was doing and smoked Weed daily for a year. (I had a few slip ups where i found myself back on Crystal, but that was rare. )

I still smoke weed most days
(And occasionally do Crystal, GHB, Mephedrone once a month.. Maybe..) And even that is too much for my brain, drugs have destroyed my brain so much I want to stop completely but finding it so difficult, I always end up finding myself back on it. Luckily i can say I will never be as heavy on it as i was, but I want to say good-bye forever.

Anyway here is for a better future, please any advice you can give please message, would be nice to talk to people that have had similar battles.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Welcome InspirationTime. There are a lot of resources and people here that can help you.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, InspirationTime! You'll find lots of support and understanding here!
Old 10-29-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, InspirationTime! I found it really useful to read as much as I could on SR and about recovery in general. Each section of SR begins with "stickies" which are really helpful posts to help begin our process of recovery. And of course, post as much as you'd like!
Old 10-30-2015, 12:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome InspirationTime
Old 10-30-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum James!!