Notices

Don't know where to start.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't know where to start.

I'm not sure where to start. I binge drink every two months. I drink to the point of blacking out. I get mean. Do stupid things. Put myself in dangerous situations. And afterwards feel ashamed and depressed. I don't drink in between my binges but I go back to it every two months. Has anyone else gone through this?
Old 10-28-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many people have similar stories.

Alcoholism is not about how often you drink or how much drink, but it's about what happens to you when you drink. And, it sounds like very bad things happen to you when you drink. Have you thought about stopping drinking?
Old 10-28-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, Sophia, to SR; glad you found us.

I was an everyday drinker but others here speak about drinking in binges as you do. Alcoholics come in many shapes and sizes. A real warning sign is not being able to stop once we start drinking. Blacking out is a dangerous event.

Have a look around the site giving special attention to Stickis at the top of each page.

Glad you found us; this is a great place for suupot and understanding, Sophia.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Sophia! It's good to have you with us. If you want to make a change in your life you've come to the right place. SR is full of help and support.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Sophia
Old 10-29-2015, 12:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sophia7 View Post
I'm not sure where to start. I binge drink every two months. I drink to the point of blacking out. I get mean. Do stupid things. Put myself in dangerous situations. And afterwards feel ashamed and depressed. I don't drink in between my binges but I go back to it every two months. Has anyone else gone through this?
Hey Sophia

Yes, it's what I tend to do too however most days I drink now. I'm finding I need to drink more and more just to get drunk because my bodies getting used to it but like you I also have blackouts and wake up in the morning basically hating on myself because of how much I drink and offend others.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Sophia!!
Old 10-29-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Many people have similar stories.

Alcoholism is not about how often you drink or how much drink, but it's about what happens to you when you drink. And, it sounds like very bad things happen to you when you drink. Have you thought about stopping drinking?
I agree with the above 100%.

And yes - I did the same as you, just more often. Same pattern but with smaller gaps. It stopped when I realised that it was the FIRST drink that caused the problems, not the 8th or 10th or 15th. Or who I was with. Or where I was. Or what had happened before I drank. Or what might be happening the following week. There was always a first drink to start the ball rolling.

I needed to stop altogether. Only you can decide what's best for you.