Notices

Case of the Mondays

Old 10-26-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Case of the Mondays

Last week I finished a huge week at work, very stressful, very exhausting both mentally and physically. New boss at work, went through our audit, sat through meetings... it was just super hard on me. It seems as though the weekend did not last long enough. So now I have a case of the Mondays. Woke up just feeling ******, like I didnt want to do anything, didnt want to go to work, just didnt want anything but to crawl back into bed.

Its not like last week was bad, it was good. I think everything went well, maybe I am just nervous until we get the final report. I think I am also nervous that if something does come up as bad, it will fall back on me since I was the longest tenured employee. But I know that is me, who is going to blame me, more than anyone at work will blame me. We were put in a tough spot when my old boss quit, said that they would be around as a contracted employee for a while but that never happened. So new guy had to learn on the fly (he is sharp and will ultimately do well in this position) and that took a lot of my time.

Anyways Im just feeling kind of crappy and low today.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're feeling low today. I'm not generally keen on Mondays either. All the unfulfilled promise of the weekend, combined with unfinished stuff from last week.

Take care of yourself. Be easy on yourself.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yeah well Im sober so that is a start lol.

not sure what day Im on anymore... but I know I am racking some days up.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm with you on the crawl back into bed Monday attitude. Hopefully by lunch time we'll be in a better frame of mind. Hang in there, bad days pass.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have been doing a lot at the office. Hopefully they appreciate all the work that you have accomplished. Try not to beat yourself up even if you don't feel great. Congratulations on staying sober.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best