Notices

This hangover feels like death

Old 01-10-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job on your sobriety!
Old 01-10-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Alcohol is all smoke and mirrors... It's a poison and drunk at 100 proof it will kill as quick as any other deadly poison!
Old 01-10-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days!
Old 04-13-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Before my relapse last October, my sober record was about 5 months. I have now made it to a new sober record of 6 months and some change. Will update again at the end of the year.

Mind is healing, my emotions have substantially stabilized. Also, that same point where I failed last year at the 5 month mark in October, I was blindsided by a massive craving and unfortunately I succumbed to my romanticizing thoughts. I stopped caring about sobriety at that point, I didn't think it was a big deal, and that type of thinking led to my relapse.

I was ready this time and was waiting for the massive craving to hit, and it did. It lasted for several days, and was triggered by a lot of family drama, but I got over the hill because I knew it was waiting for me this time around.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 6 months, it is a great milestone ..not to mention a PB.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OfEpiphany View Post
Before my relapse last October, my sober record was about 5 months. I have now made it to a new sober record of 6 months and some change. Will update again at the end of the year.

Mind is healing, my emotions have substantially stabilized. Also, that same point where I failed last year at the 5 month mark in October, I was blindsided by a massive craving and unfortunately I succumbed to my romanticizing thoughts. I stopped caring about sobriety at that point, I didn't think it was a big deal, and that type of thinking led to my relapse.

I was ready this time and was waiting for the massive craving to hit, and it did. It lasted for several days, and was triggered by a lot of family drama, but I got over the hill because I knew it was waiting for me this time around.
Thanks for that - good to read as I am 5 months tomorrow - had a couple of turbulent weeks and know that giving in is not an option - congrats on 6 months mate - let's keep going
Old 04-14-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congrats! Much to be proud of here!
Old 04-14-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Congratulations and very inspiring for us newbies, struggling with the early days and repeated behaviours !!