Notices

Home...

Old 10-11-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thumbs up Home...

Home is a powerful word. Like love or sober it invokes a deep response. All three grow and change over time. But home is my focus at this moment.

Home is always thought to be your safest of places. Home starts when we first realize our family structure. And then my place in it.

For me a safe home was one I had to create for myself. It was not passed to me as part of a long line of inheritance. I had to go buy my own. The tough part with that is how do you know it when you see it. Like some mysterious thing I would have to discover for myself.

All was not lost. I innately understood and soon found a safe home in him. A first love. For many years we had created a home within many structures until once again what was safe became unsafe.

Bars became my living room and I had a huge family of wait staff all at my beck and call. Home was now for sleeping and recovering. The insane hosting of unscrupulous men willing to trade what we needed.

I never worried about how I framed my home to others. It always seemed ideal. Desirable. From the outside they could see nice things arranged in welcoming fashion. Who wouldn't want to be in there?

But evolution being evolution it did not stop. Home that is. It has again changed its shape. I have come to deeply understand the value of protecting it. From bad to good to bad to good. Oh no…. I am stopping there.

I never leave this place. This little safe fortress without a hearty thank you. But now it's time to open things up a bit. I am terrified to be honest. I cannot sully this again and survive. I cannot.

SR is a home for me that will never sully. And to that I also give a hearty thank you.

Thanks for listening to me. My home is still at the moment. Cats sacked out. Golden trees within my view. A fireplace going. And SR.

Feels like home.

Ken
Old 10-11-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi.

Well spoken and I wish more can realize and be grateful for what we have now.

Now for me I’d try to tolerate all the leaf peepers heading your way, a lot left my area and are heading north.

BE WELL
Old 10-11-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks!!! I was feeling quite down until I sat and wrote about where I am at this moment. Feel much better.

And yes. This is peak weekend!!! Low wind so everything is still in tack. I will be getting out myself if I can.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

You've been working yourself hard at work K ,
you've been working on yourself ,
you've been working on your fitness and getting moving ,
Your body has got a cold or a bit of a virus ? time to snuggle down in a bit in safety .

Be like the cat

Nothing needs to be solved or will be fixed today , there is comfort , warmth , your friends are here from around the world checking in and muddling through .

Thats a lot to be grateful for , sometimes before change happens there is a lot of tension especially if we are prone to introspection and trying to control the uncontrollable , also once we initiate change we have to learn to wait for things to come true .

Up's and downs will happen , it's how we deal with them which determines and grows our character , if we turn it to our profit or run to a loss .

m
Old 10-11-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic post Ken!! Enjoy your Sunday!!
Old 10-11-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent post Ken
Old 10-11-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great post, Ken. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's an awesome post on a powerful subject, Ken. Home. SR will be a home for me always, no matter how often I post I will always know this place is here for me and me for it.

I will soon be creating a physical home again for the first time in many years. I'm moving to another state for work. It's very exciting but also a melancholy undertaking...after all, this place where I live now is my home. But I know I will make a new home and that's not something I could have said with any confidence while I was drinking.

I think that brings to mind another kind of home: Sobriety. That's a home for me where I will dwell for all the remaining days of my life.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad you are feeling better Ken, great post on an important subject