Notices

Divine Intervention?

Old 09-24-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Yes, my experience was somewhat similar. I made an appointment with a new doctor. The first time I went to see her I was on my way to the appointment and got a phone call from her office. It was a somewhat unfriendly phone call demanding HOW I got the appointment with her since she wasn't accepting new patients. I was taken back and got defensive because I was already on my way and thought oh no, they're going to tell me I can't see her. WELL... as it turns out the day I called (desperately needing a doctor) there was a temp girl at the desk and made the appointment for me not knowing the doctor wasn't taking new patients. It was definitely a divine intervention. She is the best doctor, helping me through my liver issues, encouraging me to stay sober, prescribing the meds I needed, being with me every step of my journey. I love her... and I love the good Lord in Heaven for bringing me to her. She's helped change my life. Praise God!
Old 09-24-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

As much as SR helped me, I also very much needed the f2f interaction to keep me on the right path.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

" Do any of you have a story about a time that you asked for help from your higher power and received it in an unorthodox way? I would love to hear your stories."

2 days after my last drunk- after admitting alcohol was the common denominator in all of my problems- i prayed for help.
God dragged me through the doors of my first aa meeting when i was full of fear of going.
ive been sober since.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I had 2 events that severely changed my view on alcohol. One was 3 years ago when I started experiencing withdrawal and didn't know what it was, I just thought I was dying. Scared me to death. The second event was this spring, I had a freak accident while BAC was north of .20. The resulting injuries were serious. Those two incidents combined have convinced me that, for me, alcohol is dangerous. Very dangerous. This is coming from a person who was kind of a wildman in my 20's and yet nothing I've put in my body has had the negative impact that alcohol has. Glad to hear you got things under control. 200/110 is pretty scary.