Notices

Hello Rock Bottom...

Old 09-21-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone... I am just confused at scared at the moment. Never really had to face my fears of the las 15 years. Now they have all come to a head at once. I love this site, and it does give me some hope, I just can't set it yet I guess. I have a great family that I haven't lost as of yet, but they don't understand why I just can't stop. Loneliness just adds to it. AA wasn't my thing. Any other suggestions?
Old 09-21-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccam1973 View Post
Welcome Badger and great job on 8 days! How many of the items on your list stemmed or were impacted by your drinking? I found life is so much more rewarding and way simpler since I quit.

I'm never going back to the anxiety filled destructive life style that I had when I was drinking.

Keep going, you won't regret it. You'll get stronger with each day that passes.

All of them. .. :/
Old 09-21-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I had the same checklist...now at only 9 months I have rebuilt my whole life...just from getting sober. It can be done. Best wishes!
Would love to know more on how you have succeeded.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Badger

The first thing to do is take booze off the table. I can't be an option. Ever.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you checked out the Class of September support thread, Badger?
It's a great place for you to both get and give support:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-3-a-5.html

I used SR to get sober - I was lucky that online support, and my determination never to drink again was enough.

If you want real world support there are other groups out there besides AA if for whatever reason you're reluctant to go the AA route again

There are other groups too - not as widespread but maybe you'll be lucky and have some near you:

Here's some links to some of the main players, including but not limited to AA:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach

D
Old 09-21-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sorry hit send early, to continue....

Then put a plan together. This could include therapy (one on one or group whatever you feel most comfortable with). Devise strategies for how you will handle cravings and triggers. How will you deal with social situations? Then, what types of activities are you going to do to fill the time? You might have to make some difficult decisions about who you'll hang around with. You get the idea.

This site taught me about "the plan" and without it I know I'd be drinking again. When I spent as much energy on my sobriety as I did drinking, things began to make sense. I have no desire to get back on that f***ing crazy train again. Why don't you join me?
Old 09-21-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Truly this is going to sound condescending and it is not meant to be.....I decided to just not drink.

I utilize this site frequently and got/ am getting a lot of counseling. As the alcohol had to be addressed first I went to outpatient rehab 3 nights a week. Now I am working on the underlying reasons for the alcohol abuse. I did not have the life I deserve ( spending 3 days in jail was a big clue ) and no one was going to give me that life I had to make it for myself.

A lot of work....but most important....just don't drink. Never take that first sip.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Headed in an NA meeting with a friend. I need something! !!!