Notices

Not doing too well

Old 09-18-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not doing too well

So I was with family, to stay away from booze. Have therapy and meds.

Nothing works for me. I snuck out and started drinking about a week ago. The binges and spending time in bed is making it difficult to keep track if time.

'Got banned from a cool forum cause I was drunk. It is a miracle I am able to find the keys on the keyboard in the right order.

How do I get sober? How can I tell what day it is and how I've been blacking out.

This sucks this place is the only place I can come to. Got banned from pretty much everything else, because I was drunk.

Btw, the well-meant advice to throw out what I have left and to drink some water, won't work on me.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe it's time for inpatient rehab Jerry?

D
Old 09-18-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jerry, I hope you find your way because this disease is relentless. What do you think is stopping you from getting sober?
Old 09-18-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, if we can do it, you can do it. Any problem or issues you have, someone else has gotten sober with the same issues.

It's just a decision you make, and then no matter what happens you stick to it.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Can you check yourself into detox then inpatient? What you have been doing isn't working so time to get serious with inpatient perhaps? Worked for a lot of chronic relapsers on this site I have read.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

too drunk to reply, sorry
Old 09-18-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Yeah, if we can do it, you can do it. Any problem or issues you have, someone else has gotten sober with the same issues.

It's just a decision you make, and then no matter what happens you stick to it.
This exactly and it is really that simple.

I wish you well. When you decide you want to be sober more than you want to drink you will do what you have to do to get what you want.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Hi, sorry that you are struggling. When I only focused on the problem, I got more of what I didn't want. When I began to focus on the solution, things started to shift for me. Throw out any that you have left. Start tomorrow and make a plan. Make that plan the most important focus of your day, every day and take it minute by minute if you need to. Stick around here for strength and support. Just over 100 days ago- I never thought it was possible. I'm living proof that it is possible. SR is my only formal support aside from internal determination to claim the life back that I let slip away. Only you can make the decision. And you CAN make it happen. You are worth it.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jerry, I hope you are having a better day... maybe you checked into detox or the hospital - fingers crossed.

There are tons of people on this website that probably thought they couldn't get sober, and they did... they tried everything and worked their recovery plan just as hard as they focused on drinking when they were active alcoholics.

I think you need to check into detox and then inpatient and have a solid plan when you get out. This disease is brutal... wishing the very best Jerry.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Btw, the well-meant advice to throw out what I have left and to drink some water, won't work on me.
Nothing will work on you until you let it work.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

We'll be here when your ready
Old 09-19-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I thought nothing would work for me. I'm still in early recovery but no matter what I don't pick up alcohol. I don't take that first drink that will lead back to the life I had before or worse. I've come here before picking up and it has saved me from starting. People are always here to help, support and offer advice. I hope you check back in soon and let us know how you're doing. You can do this.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I hope you are well today JerryF
Old 09-20-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You gotta turn this around Jerry, I've seen people banned from SR for getting wasted and then being abusive, when they would have otherwise not said those things when Sober.

Don't let alcohol keep taking things away from you, reclaim your life back and kick alcohol to the kerb, it's doing nothing positive for you!!

You can do this Jerry!!
Old 09-20-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I second or third or fourth the idea that maybe you need some inpatient rehab.

There is a better way of life waiting for you in recovery. You sound absolutely miserable in these posts. I've been there, done that. If I can get sober, you can too. We're here for you!
Old 09-20-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Nothing will work on you until you let it work.
This is so right. We've all been there. You keep coming back here, so you clearly, desperately want to get sober.

So how about you get sober?
Old 09-20-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I feel for ya Jerry, your current way of life does not sound pleasant. I'm sure you fully understand you are slowly killing yourself. Reach out, try and get professional help Jerry. Hope today is a better day for you.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I understand Jerry; I daresay we all do. Alcohol took me to the brink of death and madness. I was in the darkest place and was utterly hopeless. I cursed God and begged for release. However, some tiny spark of life and soul within me finally began burning brighter and I decided to fight to regain my sanity.
I wish you peace and better days ahead. SR is a great place to find help and encouragement.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I hope you're feeling better, Jerry. Don't give up. The miracle you need could be just around the corner.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How are you doing today, Jerry?