Notices

Fishing Sober :)

Old 09-04-2004, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fishing Sober :)

Well I haven't posted for a bit here. I just am not committed enough to stay clean and sober. I try and then go back. Anyway I just wanted to post that in the last 2 weeks I have been white water rafting and then salmon fishing and both times I didn't drink or use! Now that was probably ONLY because the folks I went with are not drinkers or anything but still I had a BLAST and the natural high IF I could find a way to make my daily life like those days I would be clean/sober. Maybe I'm as addicted to the drama and excitement of drinking/using as I am to the drink and drugs??? But........I had a great time and actually feel kind of proud that both were done sober.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by still_me
Maybe I'm as addicted to the drama and excitement of drinking/using as I am to the drink and drugs??? But........I had a great time and actually feel kind of proud that both were done sober.
Sounds like you had a blast fishing!
I was right into the drama of it all at some point. The thrill of the score, etc... Towards the end though, even that was gone. It was all misery.
Kuddos for sober fishing Still Me! But more importantly, I'm happy for you that you're examining the effects drinking and using are having in your life.
Any salmon fillets ready?
Old 09-04-2004, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

:tri ((((((((((StillMe)))))))))
I have a bunch of AA buddies come out and float the river every year. Winter Steelheading here on the Sol Duc is the best in the world. These gentleman taught me much more than how to hook a fish. They gave me the hope which led to buying my own fishing pole and taking other newcomers out on the river to learn how to fish sober too. Funny how I used to talk about fishing while living in the Workshop tavern. Thanks for the reminder of the gifts I have recieved by getting out and experiencing life........... instead of just surviving.

(((((((((((Still Me)))))))))))) We have a Willing to Go to Any Lengths campout here on along the creek in February. Cold, snowy, but a recovering drunk steelheaders paradise. Your invited!

Three Legs
:tri
Old 09-04-2004, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in...
I am proud of you for staying sober.
You will know what you need to know about your use of alcohol when you are ready... trust your intuition.