Notices

Shingles after 6 weeks of sobriety?

Old 09-11-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shingles after 6 weeks of sobriety?

I'm 44 years old, and recently I have quit drinking. Is been a long time coming, but I have finally turned the corner to a much healthier, clearer reflection of myself. I am so surprised that I would get shingles at my age!....also because I have a relatively low stress level life, I really almost never get sick, I'm exposed to sick people all the time because I am a nurse, and most surprisingly I am relatively healthy and physically active person who eats mostly organic food; an all-around healthy omnivore. Its day 5 of the shingles and it feels more like a tingly irritant than anything. I guess the body has a way of responding to major physical changes , as I have read other posts where people get very sick or develop other disease processes after quitting a habitual lifestyle. I'm choosing the organic natural alternative healing therapies, such as lysine diet and no arganine, high doses Vit C , zinc, etc There are some great protocols for natural healing for shingles. It will be interesting to see how the next few weeks go. Wish me luck.