Notices

Help

Old 09-06-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My home is alcohol free (other than a bottle of my husbands dad's home made port and trust me there is not an alcoholic alive that would touch that, which is why it's still there).

I can't get ready for bed as it's only 5:22 pm and I need to go outside to the park to smoke (which I do even when I've had a skinfull). This house has been a blessing to me as I need to watch myself as my landlord lives right above me.

I think I'll be fine. I'm going to cook dinner and clean my bathroom. Oh the joys of sober living but tomorrow I know it's going to be worth all the pain and discomfort that I'm feeling right now!
Old 09-06-2015, 12:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry if a post upset you Kamie.

You'll get all kinds of responses here from tough love to hugs of support...and thats good because none of us really knows what approach may speak best to you, or may help someone else reading.

Please do try and remember everyone is taking time out to try and help.
We really are on your side

Some of the toughest responses I've had here came from folks who became great examples of recovery for me....but if there's someone who's really annoying you, there's the ignore function.

You can access that via the drop down menu under someone's name

D
Old 09-06-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I get what your saying Dee but to post something like that as I'm having a bit of a meltdown was compleatly irresponsible. We've all been there, we know we will take an excuse to drink and run with it.

I agreed to foster two kitty's that were just about to be put to sleep in a shelter and I've just had a call to say there on the way. Love it when God gives you an out. Can't drink now as I need to sort them out.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh, that's wonderful! Enjoy :-)
Old 09-06-2015, 12:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Magsie

Oh, enjoy the kittens, Kamie. I love the cat family!
Old 09-06-2015, 01:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm sorry if my response upset you. The information I shared back with you was drawn from your original post in which you explained to us why you had decided never to drink again. I know nothing about you other than the information you chose to share.

I thought it would be helpful to read again the words that you yourself wrote when you decided to seek help here.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that I lashed out but I'm mostly sorry that you can't see why I was upset with what you said. Don't make assumptions about people from how often or what they post.

Never one to hold a grudge, I wish you well in your recovery endlesspatience and I look forward to interacting with you again.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kamie1 View Post
I'm sorry that I lashed out but I'm mostly sorry that you can't see why I was upset with what you said. Don't make assumptions about people from how often or what they post.

Never one to hold a grudge, I wish you well in your recovery endlesspatience and I look forward to interacting with you again.
There is nothing an alcoholic hates more than having a mirror shoved in his/her face, especially when they are feeling vulnerable and looking for a bit of compassion, so I totally understand your annoyance with "EndlessPatience" (maybe not quite "endless" lol). Every time you find yourself questioning your lifestyle and choices, every time you find yourself disgusted and ready to change...every one of those times might just morph into the day that you change your life forever, so I salute you for peeking into that mirror, and can tell you that I too had many mornings when I swore I'd change forever, never drink again and finally get my life in order. I thank God that on one of those days eight years ago, it took. I stopped drinking, and I've never drank since. I wish for you the same peace that I've found, and don't stop reaching out. Help is near.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Do your best

Stick with us Camie
Old 09-06-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you everybody. I made it it's now Monday and the Kitty's have landed at Chez Kamie, all is right with the world!

I need to go to bed, I've got to be up in five hours but who can sleep with brand new kitty's in the house ❤️
Old 09-06-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good old kitties

Did you ever read 'A Street Cat named Bob'? Well, the Bobster certainly saved James Bowan. Maybe your HP was getting busy, sending you those kitties so that you'd look after yourself so you could be in a fit state to look after them.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Kamie:

Well done in making it through. You said that you had a break through... I feel that my AV is always more active when that happens, like it feels that I am doing better and it wants me to regress so now you know for next time. I am proud of you for working your plan and posting here before you picked up. It DID make a difference. I do the same thing, SR, Post and read my old post, play the tape and AVRT.

I also wanted to tell you that I have been angry at people and "drank at them" I also said that "getting pissed" was an excuse to pick up... Since I started this I have learned that by doing this I am only hurting myself. That was all AV. The other thing is that I use anger to fuel my sobriety and it has helped.

All of us here want to see you succeed. That is one of the things that makes this place lovely.

Well done again and hope to see you around.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

For us alcoholics to drink means disaster. Something ive learned around here is H.A.L.T. Don't let yourself get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. I've noticed that when i get too much of any of those 4 things my mind gets off and i start thinking crazy. Glad you posted first.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You can do this Kamie! You're right, you posted and took that step rather than do the easy way and drink!! You are awesome! Keep it up kiddo! We all know it's not easy but you are sticking to your plan! I'm proud of you!
Old 09-06-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

You done great Kamie