Notices

Did you have a "favorite" glass??

Old 08-31-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Did you have a "favorite" glass??

I just realized that when I drink, I would specifically use a particular- "favorite glass".
Crazy how Id go to great lengths to find that fav one.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

I sure did - livingnow tall glass mug with the" brand name" I liked on the side , plus my favorite seat at the table
After I learnt about AA tools to stay away from " Persons , places & things .. The Mug was tossed out & I moved my table & seat
Old 08-31-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
I sure did - livingnow tall glass mug with the" brand name" I liked on the side , plus my favorite seat at the table
After I learnt about AA tools to stay away from " Persons , places & things .. The Mug was tossed out & I moved my table & seat
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Great advice there...
Old 08-31-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I git rid of all of my drinkware and anything else that reminded me of my drinking times. I think this makes for a solid foundation for sobriety
Old 08-31-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It was major when I gave it to Goodwill....
Old 08-31-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had $24 glasses of wine ("fancy" wine somelier, bs...) that I took care of but honestly, I was an equal opportunity boozer. I would drink whatever out of anything...
Old 08-31-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As long as it held it, it was used!

Tired of waking up sick and trying to get a glass of water and the cup smells horrible!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
I had $24 glasses of wine ("fancy" wine somelier, bs...) that I took care of but honestly, I was an equal opportunity boozer. I would drink whatever out of anything...
Same here! I was a wine "snob". I was so convinced I wasn't an alcoholic...after all I only drank good wine. <eye roll> The reality is that I would take a swig right out of a bottle of pricey chardonnay, if my wine glasses were not within reach.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Yes. I was very ritualistic about the whole thing. Favorite glass, favorite whiskey, favorite mixer. favorite chair while I drank...not that I wouldn't drink some other type of alcohol out of a different glass and a different location. It was just more "perfect" if I could have it just so.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I was a member of a "mug club" at my favorite local brewpub. It was limited membership and each of us had a number. I was literally proud of the fact that I had waited in line when they first went on sale to get my lucky number. I was actually a pretty good social drinker, I'd only have 2 beers ( occasionally 3 ) each day when I stopped ( every day after work ) . The problem is I would then proceed to drink another half dozen plus cheap beers every night to keep the BAC at the perfect level until i passed out each night. No glasses needed for that, just high volume cheap beer straight from the can.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I had a set of big plastic glasses that I liked to drink from. The bigger, the better. Didn't have to get up and fill the cup so often.

When I got sober, I threw them all out. I don't need any more reminders of those days.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I was a high brow drinker. I drank right out of a plastic fifth of vodka unless I was driving and then I would pour straight vodka into a Styrofoam soda cup and drink it through a straw.

Nothing but the best for this alcoholic
Old 08-31-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JJ9

One of my moderation attempts included a "special" glass. I went to Pier 1 and bought a beautiful hand painted wine glass. I was convinced as long as I stuck to wine and only drank it out of this pretty glass it would all be fine. I was back to drinking vodka with juice out of that glass or any other glass that was handy by the end of the week. So lame!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Used to. Lost is somewhere during all of my constant moving around.

My sister-in-law bought me a large glass, with a metal engraving, which said, "To Uncle Troy, From the Boys". Upon giving it to me, she said it was from her sons, because they're my boys too. I spent a lot of time with them back in the day as we lived in the same city, plus even lived with them for a few months while I was starting my first business and getting on my feet after a season of landscaping.

Was pretty sweet thing of her to do. heh, I remember after moving out and getting my own place, my youngest nephew, I think 3 at the time, wouldn't even sleep in his own bed for weeks. "No! No! Uncle Troy's bed! Uncle Troy's bed!". heh
Old 08-31-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

As long as it was frosted I was happy. I guess I could frost a mug and put something else in it... kind of a good idea.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I did!. At home, ... I did my wine drinking out of a big bordeaux wine glass..
They will hold a half a bottle of wine when full....makes it so easy to say "I have only had a couple"
Old 08-31-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Like Scott, I was a member of the "mug club" at the bar I frequented. When I relocated, my mug got broken. Should have taken that as a sign. As for other glassware? Nah. I broke more glassware while drunk. Always replacing it. I'm far more particular about my coffee mugs.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yeah, I broke every glass that was specifically for alcohol. I can't even tell you how many times I bought wine glasses.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I used to like those big wine glasses with long thin "legs"- kind of look so classy,

Then every glass became favorite.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

I smashed all mine felt good doing it too