Notices

Giving a try

Old 08-19-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're never alone, Hopeful - you have us. Great to meet you.

Thinking I could use willpower to control my drinking was my downfall too. I refused to admit it couldn't be done, & lost decades. I was determined to get back to the fun days when it didn't cause me trouble. I failed to realize I had stepped over the line from social to alcoholic drinking. There was no returning to moderation. In the end, I was completely dependent on it. It was exhausting. It's wonderful to be free.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hugs and more hugs
Old 08-19-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks

Originally Posted by Broncosys View Post
The fact that you already know evenings are tough is great. When you can identify your challenge window, the window starts to shrink almost immediately. Mine was 3-7 and now it is 4-6. As to my suggestion for making a daily plan, I did not mean to be vague. Today, my plan is to rise, work, drive home and have a very quick snack, change, get groceries, then a 90 minute walk. That will take me to 7, past my window, and I know I am golden after that. Simple.
Great advice. I need to get a daily definitive plan. Am not working now and the amount of time on my hands is crazy - especially sober. My situation is so ironic it's kind of comical - I live above a microbrewery/restaurant/bar. It's made it awfully convenient over the years to have many beers, hop on the elevator and buzz right up to my place. No need to worry about driving or even walking that far. Part of my plan will most likely involving selling and moving.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Hevyn

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post

Thinking I could use willpower to control my drinking was my downfall too. I refused to admit it couldn't be done, & lost decades. I was determined to get back to the fun days when it didn't cause me trouble. I failed to realize I had stepped over the line from social to alcoholic drinking. There was no returning to moderation. In the end, I was completely dependent on it. It was exhausting. It's wonderful to be free.
Thanks so much - u just described me to a T. I am so exhausted from drinking I can't even describe it, and want that freedom badly.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post

Thanks so much. You have described me to the T. I am completely exhausted and want to be free of alcohol in a very bad way.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks

Originally Posted by DitzyDandelion View Post
Hugs and more hugs
I appreciate your message!