Notices

Negative

Old 08-14-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm posting from work so I'll be brief. I know all too well about being addicted to benzos. I am actually being good with them.
So unbeknownst to me, my husband stopped by my doctors office and explained that i was basically psychotic this morning. My doctor okayed 4 pills to get me thru until i see him on Tuesday.

Not only did he do that, he also called my husband at his work just to see if i was okay. He told my husband that he would see me thru this and to hang in there.

He totally understands how lack of sleep is affecting my recovery, my well being, my life.
I have such a great doc and husband.
Hopefully I'll get a decent nights sleep tonight and i will get on that treadmill tomorrow.
Thanks for your help everyone!
Old 08-14-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Peanut! Good suggestions already, I have tried them all and I need to get more proactive about my own insomnia I wrote in another thread. It's a mind & soul problem for me, it doesn't matter if i have been awake for 3 days and then go walking for 12 hours if I am not going to sleep I'm not going to sleep. Psychological stress, c-ptsd, call it what you want. My suggestion is music.

To help soothe your soul, that's all I've got but I really gotta branch out also I need every tool that's available. I bought some gym equipment for the exercise bit but don't feel comfortable using it as I'm a guest in someone else's home. It's a weird vibe that keeps me frozen in time. I'm not sure what your interests are so I dunno what to prescribe as yet. I see you're a child of the 80's?

Wether this post is helpful I dunno, but's it's gotta be worth a go
Old 08-14-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things must be really different in the US cos no doc here would give meds to someone else for me.

but anyway...I think , when it comes down to it, you just need to tough it out - getting more pills is just putting you back somewhere where you've already been.

I don't mean to appear callous but millions of people get by without sleep and deal with fatigue - every parent of a new born knows how you feel, for example.

There is light at the end of the tunnel - I'd hate to see you turn around and run back into the tunnel now Peanut.

D
Old 08-14-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dee, thank you. I understand your concern for swapping pills etc. The ativan is only for a couple more weeks. And my husband talked to my doctor because they are medically associated. The doctor is the medical examiner for our county and my husband works for a funeral home.

My husband simply relayed how i was feeling and the doctor called the prescription in for me.

As you can see from my other post, it ended being a horrible day.

I want to thank EVERYONE for all the support. It was awesome!