Notices

it's those little things

Old 08-08-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

I also think it's great that you posted and it looks like you also had some insightful realizations, too. This is how we grow in sobriety, and those promises in the Big Book really are possible.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Saturday morning, grabbed my gym bag and ready for a much needed workout. Soon as I got to my car it started raining cats and dogs. Just unreal. So I'm home, bored and frustrated. Still strong with my sobriety, but that little voice in the back of my head that we all know well is telling me it looks like another wasted day and tomorrow doesn't look any better so....................... Actually, it's a perfect day to kick back with a 12 pack and watch a movie. Nothing else going on. I know I won't but the thought is there. John
Old 08-08-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can you work out a way to maybe work out a little at home John?
do some things that need doing around the house?
indulge in an interest or hobby?

those are better rainy day ideas

D
Old 08-08-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Can you work out a way to maybe work out a little at home John?
do some things that need doing around the house?
indulge in an interest or hobby?

those are better rainy day ideas

D
Nah, not much I can do at home as far as a workout goes. No bike, treadmill or stairmaster or weights. I could do some pushups but that's about it. All I can do is wait out the weather than make up what I can. It's ok, I'll live. Been working on my apartment a lot. Looks better than it has in years.
Never thought about rainy day activities. That's definitely worth looking into. Great idea. Need to add something to my sobriety plan. Always room for improvement. Thanks, John
Old 08-09-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm with you John. Structure and having a routine keeps me sane, and when its interrupted, I sometimes feel lost. I agree with others, its good to get it off your chest. And as someone else stated earlier...we care. We care about each other here, right?
Old 08-09-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thomas11
I'm just beginning to see that just maybe, there really are people on SR that truly care about each other. I'm kinda slow in trusting others and really believing people can actually depend on others' for support. I've just haven't had much experience with that. Kinda foreign to me. John
Old 08-09-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
thomas11
I'm just beginning to see that just maybe, there really are people on SR that truly care about each other. I'm kinda slow in trusting others and really believing people can actually depend on others' for support. I've just haven't had much experience with that. Kinda foreign to me. John
I've never been on a forum or website quite like this one. It is a group of people who are very serious about helping people quit their addictions and improve their quality of life. Just a week or so ago, there was someone in a town in California that was in bad shape, another member who lived relatively close to the person in trouble and offered to go get them and bring them to the hospital. The ONLY thing that connected these two individual was this website. Its pretty amazing. Helping each other, no questions asked.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I've never been on a forum or website quite like this one. It is a group of people who are very serious about helping people quit their addictions and improve their quality of life. Just a week or so ago, there was someone in a town in California that was in bad shape, another member who lived relatively close to the person in trouble and offered to go get them and bring them to the hospital. The ONLY thing that connected these two individual was this website. Its pretty amazing. Helping each other, no questions asked.
Great story!!!! That is amazing. Nice to know these things do happen. I have heard people at meetings how someone helped them out with this or that so I know it happens. This will sound strange, but I just don't understand how that works. I just don't get it but it sounds pretty cool. John