Notices

Day 3

Old 08-07-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Old 08-07-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I really feel bad about drinking. And there are a couple of believes that I have that I would like some honest replies to. I know the first one is nonsense, some are more nuanced:

* Drinking is ok, it's not really a problem.

* I can't handle heavy drinking but other people can handle the same amounts I drink better. They're fine in the morning (I've seen this). The fact that I have very long hangovers is abnormal.

* I am an exception because I have 2-3 day hangovers where other people are ok the next day.

* I should be able to handle it better. It's not the alcohol, it's a weakness in me that makes me whine and moan, where other people move on.

* The big one, and I don't know where it came from, heavy drinking shouldn't be a problem and given that compared to other people I crash into a terrible place of being incapacitated and anxiety means that there's something wrong with me. No one has this problem, I am the only one who lives on no food and hardly any water for 2-3 days after drinking. Living in bed. That is just me. And if it happens to others, they have the same abnormal reaction to it as I do.

I'm really struggling with this. I respond to alcohol so heavily that I'm afraid to get out of bed for days. It's either staying in bed and have panic attacks or get out of bed and have panic attacks so bad my eye-sight starts to flicker (is that normal?) and I feel I might die.

Please help me with this for as long as I can post here.

It will probably be a weird, drunken post, but it's the core of my addiction. Please help.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I responded to your other thread where you made the same post.

I didn't know how to do anything different until I took that leap of faith and did it.

It wasn't easy learning to live sober but then drinking round the clock and decimating myself was no picnic either.

You can change - but you need to back away from the beer, man.

I'm really sorry you're so determined to smash yourself around Jerry.

Sounds like the AV is front and centre right now and there's not much I can say to your AV that won't be asterisked

When you want help, we'll be here

D