Notices

Hey Im new

Old 07-24-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey Im new

Hi Im new on day two... feeling horrendous! Doctor has given me dimazipam to help with the withdrawal and cravings but boy do I feel rough. Last nights night sweats was horrific. I am feeling very sorry for myself and dont want to be in this position but I am. Need strength to keep going... trying not to think about the future how I am going to imagine my life without drinking and I trying so hard to stay focused on today. Anyway I just wanted to pop in say hi and talk to people who DO get it ya know x thank you x
Old 07-24-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on day 2! You've made a wise choice to work with your doctor. You will feel better over the next several days. Hang in there!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
under new management

Hi blueberry2015!!

I am just on my way out the door but wanted to say WELCOME to the best place to get support in your recovery!

More great folks will be along with support!!!

Good on you, it will improve!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SarahB60 View Post
Welcome and congrats on day 2! You've made a wise choice to work with your doctor. You will feel better over the next several days. Hang in there!
Thank you
Old 07-24-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2ndhandrose View Post
Hi blueberry2015!!

I am just on my way out the door but wanted to say WELCOME to the best place to get support in your recovery!

More great folks will be along with support!!!

Good on you, it will improve!
Thank you
Old 07-24-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi blueberry! It sucks that you feel so sick, a lot of us here can relate. The good news is, you'll feel better soon, and you don't ever have to feel this way again. This is a good place to be, there's a lot of caring people to support you.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Welcome to the family!
Thank you
Old 07-24-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Hi blueberry! It sucks that you feel so sick, a lot of us here can relate. The good news is, you'll feel better soon, and you don't ever have to feel this way again. This is a good place to be, there's a lot of caring people to support you.
Thank you im starting to crave at the mo. Im allowed 10mg of dimazipam... may need to dip into the other 5mg.... any other tips instead of doing that? I dont want to become reliant on them. Ive only a seven day course. The shakes have stopped since i took 5mg this morning but im craving.... its like im obsessed with my withdrawal at the mo....
Old 07-24-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Blueberry!
The night sweats are lame but are you detoxing from poison. You body is trying to heal. Be sure and stay hydrated. I could have probably ringed out my sheets when I was having them.
Don't forget that the state you are is temporary. You are going to start feeling better.
Glad you found us.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome, blueberry!
Ugh, those night sweats are the absolute worst, aren't they? Makes sleeping in the bathtub almost sound like a good idea.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
Hi Blueberry!
The night sweats are lame but are you detoxing from poison. You body is trying to heal. Be sure and stay hydrated. I could have probably ringed out my sheets when I was having them.
Don't forget that the state you are is temporary. You are going to start feeling better.
Glad you found us.
Thanks i'm keeping this in mind x thank you x
Old 07-24-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LilyMarie View Post
Welcome, blueberry!
Ugh, those night sweats are the absolute worst, aren't they? Makes sleeping in the bathtub almost sound like a good idea.
Lol...im dreading the menopause
Old 07-24-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
zjw

Need strength to keep going... trying not to think about the future how I am going to imagine my life without drinking and I trying so hard to stay focused on today.
sounds like you already got the right idea. took me a long time to realize i had to focus on today and quit thinking about the loss of my best friend beer. I shoulda had a dang funeral and a 21 gun solute and an f16 flyover and burried in the yard with how i felt about beer. You would have thought I lost my left arm and best friend.

I think symbolicly one day I might bury a can of beer and have a small service and say a few words. It might be good phsycologically for me. lol.

Now you see how sick and twisted my fantasy of how great beer is/was how is your view of booze?

Keep moving forward its going to be worth it I assure you.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I need to stop feeling sorry for myself tbh. I feel sorry that I cant drink like a normal person. I feel ashamed of my actions whilst been drinking... I need to try and reverse my thinking by saying look at the positive step you have taken NOT to be that irresponsible abusive drunk ever again. Ive done some crazy stuff whilst drunk some real fun stuff and others incredibly incredibly stupid. I very very nearly was raped - i wasnt but it could of happened. I guess my wake up call. I dunno today im just feeling miserable, feeling sorry for myself of finially being diagnosed as an alcoholic... ive known that for years but was in denial. I need to reverse my pattern of thinking and see this is a positive step to living a better and sober life. Just today... i feel sorry for myself. Need someone to give me a boot up the backside!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Only because you asked me to blueberry
Old 07-24-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post

Only because you asked me to blueberry
Lmao! Thanks needed that!
Old 07-24-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I love your humor!

I remember when I went through my house and car to clean out and dump all my booze. Bottles of vodka and beer. I made a huge fort with em including a fence going around it. It was bad. I stared at it for the longest time to soak in what my life has become. That image is still engrained in my head.

You asked what else can you do besides take more meds. What helped me the most was researching and mastering all the various methods of successfully quitting alcohol and fighting urges. I practiced everything I read and found what works for me best.

Read up on the horrors of alcoholism. Basically, FILL YOUR MIND with all kinds of bad news regarding booze and with techniques to overcome it. Keep reading and keep filling your mind. The more you do it, the less room there is for "missing" or romanticizing alcohol. You're emotions and attitude towards quitting will improve and you'll start feeling great about what your doing.

Go to an AA meeting. I only hit a couple early on. Wasn't my gig. But it was a huge help!!

Tonight there's a chat meeting here in SR. Every Tue and Fri. They are very helpful. It's been a while since I've attended. I have plans to join tonight's. I always feel 100% better when I do. Hope to see you there.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Blueberry youl find so much support here nice to meet you
Old 07-24-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Blueberry.. hugs hugs and a punch in the arm for a good start.. hey kiddo do a Blue Berry tea... no kidding.. it will help to wash you insides and it takes a bit to brew and set up.. so do a new cocktail.. and add lavendar or mint it is so good iced and hot.. and smells great and will help you so much.. trust this old White Witch of teas.. so glad you are here with us all. ardy