Notices

I made it to 5 weeks and then fell; please advise

Old 07-26-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How are you doing Lucinda?
Old 07-26-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have found that ordering a Pepsi or some type of soda is a MUST. It's like this force field against drinking because a) you have a glass in front of you that's dark, b) it helps with any sugar craving.

I've also found that when the group hears you order a soda or iced tea they automatically assume that you won't be drinking anything else.

I don't do "mocktails" because they just annoy me and I have this fear that alcohol would accidentally end up in it. I also don't like to drink things that remind me of drinking. I still can't drink ginger ale (my former mixer).

I have been known to log in here when I'm out, even for just a few minutes. This could even be in the restroom. Reading a few posts help a lot.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I can get to 6 weeks then get so frustrated with boredom I start again. Stopping drinking is the easy bit really. Getting a new life not involving alcohol is very hard .
Old 07-27-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
How are you doing Lucinda?
Very well Serenidad and thanks for asking. No drinking since last Wednesday's relapse and without ever really thinking about it. So, yeah, pretty good. And you?
Old 07-27-2015, 01:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
I have found that ordering a Pepsi or some type of soda is a MUST. It's like this force field against drinking because a) you have a glass in front of you that's dark, b) it helps with any sugar craving.

I've also found that when the group hears you order a soda or iced tea they automatically assume that you won't be drinking anything else.

I don't do "mocktails" because they just annoy me and I have this fear that alcohol would accidentally end up in it. I also don't like to drink things that remind me of drinking. I still can't drink ginger ale (my former mixer).

I have been known to log in here when I'm out, even for just a few minutes. This could even be in the restroom. Reading a few posts help a lot.
Good plan Melinda. I don't like mocktails either; they're silly. And I agree, just checking in daily and a reading few posts can be very comforting.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LucindaVanPelt View Post
Very well Serenidad and thanks for asking. No drinking since last Wednesday's relapse and without ever really thinking about it. So, yeah, pretty good. And you?
I'm ok Lucinda. Woke up in a funk this morning but at least I am sober! :-) I am looking forward to my AA meeting tonite. It's a speaker meeting and I always enjoy sitting back, relaxing and listening to another alcoholic'a story of experience, strength and HOPE. :-)
Old 07-29-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
I'm ok Lucinda. Woke up in a funk this morning but at least I am sober! :-) I am looking forward to my AA meeting tonite. It's a speaker meeting and I always enjoy sitting back, relaxing and listening to another alcoholic'a story of experience, strength and HOPE. :-)
Yes, I know what you mean. Sometimes I wake up groggy and/or cranky and, with no hangover to blame, I wonder what is my problem?

But then it generally clears or stabilises. Understanding I'm going to have rubbish days even dead sober and doing everything "right" is all part of the process, I suppose. Hope your meeting is a comfort to you.