Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Headache that won't go away ... did any of you experience this?

Notices

Headache that won't go away ... did any of you experience this?

Old 07-23-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

I had the bad headache too in the beginning. Mine was from taking too many vitamins and not enough water. Hope you feel better soon. Nice job on 10 days!
Old 07-23-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

pleasehelpmeout I had it too, about the same time. Try filling a one litre (two pint) jug or carafe with water and ice and say some sliced lemon or other fruit. Chill it and drink that before you start consuming other drinks. Have at least one of those a day, preferably more and cut way back on coffee for a while because that will dehydrate you.

If it's summer and hot where you are then you are contending with heat as well as the early days of recovery. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables too, you can get not only nutrients but water from these.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
pleasehelpmeout I had it too, about the same time. Try filling a one litre (two pint) jug or carafe with water and ice and say some sliced lemon or other fruit. Chill it and drink that before you start consuming other drinks. Have at least one of those a day, preferably more and cut way back on coffee for a while because that will dehydrate you.

If it's summer and hot where you are then you are contending with heat as well as the early days of recovery. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables too, you can get not only nutrients but water from these.
Thanks for the tips I was planning on doing some cucumber water and keep forgetting to buy cucumbers

But I do squirt lemon into my glass water bottle every morning, I know lemon is suppose to be a great liver detox

my wife and I do a lot of green juices (cucumber, kale, spinich, apple, and lemon), at least three or four times a week, so hopefully that will also help