Notices

I'm a hypocrite :-(

Old 07-08-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So now that we've established that you're staying. What is going on? How are you doing? What is the situation right now?
Old 07-08-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Snoozy

We learned from each other---both positive actions and negative
Old 07-08-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Don't you dare leave me !!!

We are all in this together. ALL of us. We all struggle and we all fight against this affliction.

And we do it together.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone here... you need to stay! We are all here to help each other!
Old 07-08-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Surrender2win View Post
I agree with everyone here... you need to stay! We are all here to help each other!
I feel a song coming on!!!
Wait - we can lean on each other, right?????

Old 07-08-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

If I waited to speak to others about something I was perfect at I would be a mute.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR is for everyone Snooz

Your experience - even your mistakes - is invaluable, and will help someone else, no question.

Stick around

D
Old 07-08-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Not at all hypocritical - you have experience with drinking and with sobriety. We all deserve to be here just as much as anybody else.
Not to mention I think there is power in numbers and comm unity in general.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Stay Snoozy. Hubby may be angry. I never stopped coming back.AA or here.. Don't you please....
Gx
Old 07-08-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Snooz, a lot of wisdom up there...

There is usually a helping others component in recovery programs. Know why? Here's my theory with a little "t"... When we help others we do several things: we get out of our own heads for a while, we feel better about ourselves when we have something to give, and it is really hard to forget where we were when we stick around and see folks who are currently in the same state of addiction where we were.

I've found all three of those to be true for me. When I am available to others, I'm helping myself.

That said, if looking at others is holding you back on focusing on your needs, maybe use sr to read and post with just you in mind for a while? Be selfish a bit, recover. Use whatever means necessary. It seems like a good time to do MORE things to recover, not less.

Big hugs kiddo!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hey Snoozy,

There is so much wisdom of experience here. Fostering honesty while continuing to move forward means that we create an environment where we celebrate strength of genuine experience, no matter what the course.

How many of us have been thrown off in life thus far by the "should"s and "supposed to"s of life, as opposed to what actually exists?

Thanks for being here, Snoozy!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

You're probably not the only one on here relapsing. You can help someone just by letting g them know that struggling temporarily does not mean you give up trying to pull yourself out of the spin.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

Wink

Please don't leave Snoozy; we all have the same goal....we just get sidetracked sometimes.
We all enjoy your warm, funny, informative post, and would really miss you! You'll be back on track in no time...
Old 07-08-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I think we get and stay sober by supporting other alcoholics. Lending a hand in whatever capacity you're capable of is an important part of that; for me, the other crucial piece was admitting to myself that I needed help - then seeking it. I did that through AA, but there are a variety of ways to get the help you need. Thinking of you!!!
Old 07-08-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Snoozy When I first found SR I was still drinking. It took me a few months to actually listen to the wonderful advice. I knew I was going to, just didn't know when I'd be ready. I'm so glad I hung around and kept gathering strength. Your challenges & your honesty are important and valuable. Someone will benefit from what you've been through. We love you.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
zjw

everyones at a different place in there journey days sober really means squat in terms of what lessons one may have learned that another may not have yet etc.. the point is I'm sure you still have something beneficial to contribute and gain by being here.

theres people who are still struggling who say some really important things. that stand out for some of us.
here is one such example

“I'm not Ghandi, Buddha, or Mother Teresa. I'm just a normal, twitchy dissatisfied human being.”

I wont say who said this just to respect this persons privacy but this person posts here. and this comment really has stood out to me that I made a note of it. There is so much to this quote for me so much truth so much humility and in a way a lot of acceptance that I am what I am and this is what it is!.

But I see no issue with you sticking around.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
zjw

and also just because you struggle doesnt make you any less of a human or something if anything it makes you human.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thank you so much . I feel so loved here. I will stay as I truly need not just my sobriety , but my sanity. This thing grabs you by the throat before you know it . It's unbelievable to me how fast it can take you right under.
It's still very early days & I promise you all I shall claw my way back out.

Anyone considering taking that first drink DONT. We are all lulled into a false sense of security You have NO idea where it will take you, it's scary

Thanks for your unconditional love, care ,& prayers , it truly means EVERYTHING to me right now
Much love & gratitude , my friends xxxx

Wendy xx

Old 07-08-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Relapse is one of the best learning tools we can offer.

Sharing our experiences of relapse can help those who still suffer and also help those of us who are sober remain sober by reminding us why we got sober in the first place.

No hypocrisy there
Old 07-08-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

You absolutely should keep posting Snoozy. None of us are perfect and we are here to support each other