Notices

My physical journey

Old 07-05-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My physical journey

It screams narcissism but it's tangible to me. Please add your experiences or thoughts. Thanks.

Currently I'm bloated, my face is red, my hands are pretty visibly shaky. I can feel internal shakes, I have pretty frequent cramps in my feet and calves, I recently got a numb spot in my hand. I have diarrhea (sorry if that's TMI).
Head wise, I'm foggy, irritable, forgetful.

Guess that's it for now. I plan to add to this as anything gets worse or as it inevitably gets better from not drinking. It gets better, I know, I just want to track it.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

IMHO, it can be helpful to track things for some of us (I'm one!). As you move along in our sober journey, keeping track of the things that improve can provide some good motivation to stay sober.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jay, I can relate. I'm guessing you've consumed quite a bit of alcohol over a period of time recently, probably not paid much attention to meals or hydration and what you are feeling are the effects. You now its not going away until your system stabilizes. I've had every single thing you are referring to. But I will say this, when I did, I knew it was bad and I had overdone it. I'm guessing for some, its "normal" occurrence. It never was or has been for me. Only after a pretty bad episode.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by JayEl View Post
It gets better, I know, I just want to track it.
Tracking/writing it down is a good thing....a good record to come back and review down the road too. I come back and read my early posts regularly to remind myself what I put myself through. It never has to happen again though...this can truly be the last time.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ouch! Been there! Its a horrible feeling. I am on day 8 and have felt great the past few days. Hold on tight for now it does get better.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Keep yourself well fed and hydrated during this. Your body is trying to heal. Give it a boost. Take care and relax.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

What Scott said
Old 07-07-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi! Still here.
It's a telling sign that there were symptoms I never even saw until a few days in.

My skin, wow, talk about dry. Lips too. Did I just walk around in a constant state of dehydration? Hair and nails in bad shape too. My thoughts are this will take some time to get healthy again but I'm looking forward to changes.

My eyes. I don't think I noticed how red my eyes were. I noticed today while putting makeup on that there wasn't a hint of redness around the rims. nice!

The shaking is still there but better. My stomach issues are improved today.

Still dealt with night sweats last night but slept ok. I'm expecting I will tonight too, but I know this will pass.

I never have to go through this again. That's what I need to remember.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The human body is an amazing organism ...... Try and stay hydrated. Also I just found Nivea moisture cream body wash.....it's really good for dry skin. Take some vitamins.....get some exercise.....eat well as in lots of fruit ...stay away from the alcohol......
Old 07-07-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JayEl View Post
It screams narcissism but it's tangible to me. Please add your experiences or thoughts. Thanks.

Currently I'm bloated, my face is red, my hands are pretty visibly shaky. I can feel internal shakes, I have pretty frequent cramps in my feet and calves, I recently got a numb spot in my hand. I have diarrhea (sorry if that's TMI).
Head wise, I'm foggy, irritable, forgetful.

Guess that's it for now. I plan to add to this as anything gets worse or as it inevitably gets better from not drinking. It gets better, I know, I just want to track it.
That's how I felt every day from waking until I would down the first 3-4 drinks at 5 pm. Needless to say, every day was a living nightmare. Internal shakes might be the worst part. Often I had trouble enunciating words and it felt like my teeth were shaking.

The one reason, hands down, that I stopped drinking alcohol was because I could not stand feeling like that every single day anymore. It wasn't the drinking I couldn't handle it was the hangovers and withdrawal I could no longer handle.

About the digestion, I am happy to say that it is back to normal after I stopped drinking alcohol.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

"I never have to go through this again. That's what I need to remember.'

BINGO! You are in the very early stages (day 3?) and seeing good results already, that should be encouraging and tells you that everyone here is telling the absolute truth (about quitting).
Old 07-08-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks all! The encouragement is helpful.

I need to mention one thing I repeatedly see posted about but I'll express my own experience.
The mornings! It is so nice to wake up clear headed. To get ready for work and get my family ready for the day without feeling like, well, you know, feeling like an alcoholic after a typical night. Driving to work without it crossing , my mind if my BAC is ok. Getting to work and immediately being efficient and ready to tackle my to do list.

I know it's early in my journey but I'm still excited about it and pushing forward. I also know I've been here before and went back to my old ways. I need to work more on my plan, but this is my physical thread and it really is helping keep me focused.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Jay!!You're doing fantastic!!