Notices
View Poll Results: should parents b able 2 not give bak custody 2 u?2.6yr soba&have 2 otha healthy kids?
yes
50.00%
No
0%
not sure
0%
depends, have to know more info
50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

New to this site and how it works, but I need advice/help

Old 06-25-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New to this site and how it works, but I need advice/help

Hello,
My name is kristen. I am 27yrs old. I am currently living in a small town in the south shore ma. I have a 3yr old daughter, and an almost 1yr old daughter (sunday) and just found out at 30wks im expecting again another girl. I am currently living cramed back in with my parents but I can only stay here alittle while longer before baby comes because if the no room. My daughters and I share the living room. I sleep on a coach and the baby sleeps in a pack and.play. Our belongings are all over.the living. My 3 yr old has a different father then the other two. My current boyfriend i dont live with him for the time being because all me do is fight. He is mentally and emotionally abusive and has a few times has gotten physical. But i am stuck I dont know where im going to go, even if last resort I moved back in with him, his parents are losing the house so who. knows how i would even have there. Ive tries getting help through the state for housing just til i could get back on feet, but I seem to get nowhere. Im trying to find anywhere to go. Im not sure if sober houses take children. It would only be my 1yr old and then the newborn aug 14th. My parents have temporary guardian of my 3yr old. Dcf/dss are notinvolved its thru the courts, but somehow it turned to permanent guardianship and they have no intention of giving her back when im doing the right and have been. The court said in order for me to get her back i have to prove im clean, im stable enough to take care of her, i can.support her and have a stable place to live. I have 2yrs 6months clean i kust need to find a place to live. But i know im gonna have to end up fighting them in court dor my own daughter. They said over their dead bodies will they give her back, when my 3yr old is always wanting to go places with me, i dont even have unsupervised visits. I mean i live with her now but i cant take her anywhere, yet my brother (20) and sister (22) take her everywhere ive wanted to take her. Even people not related can take her out. Like my sisters boyfriend and their family. How messed up is that. Ive gone above and beyond to get where i am today. And still going strong. Im just completely lost and hopeless about getting here back, but where can i go for housing? Im unemployed and i get nothing. If i can get the housingband get settled in after baby is born. The judge will obviously side with me. Im her mother. Dont I get a say not to mention ,I oay child support $80/month. But ive been behind because ive been outta work. So theybtake all my taxes and my license. IM SO LOST, MAYBE ONE OF YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!! Massachusettsbsux, I wanna go outta state but I can leave my 3yr old around. Thats why I was wondering if there are sober living housing for women with children in mass? Or maybe another state and ill work on the 3yr.old. Thank.you guys sorry so long but I needed to vent to people who understand where im coming from. Anything will help. Thank you guys so much. My clen date is 12/12/12 lol hope to hear back and glad i joined in. I have no friends to talk too or that understand me.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Kristen

I don't live in the US so I have no experience that might help you.
Others will be along tho.

Congratulations on your sober time and on staying and sober in all that.

wishing you the best in getting your life and your family back together.
This is a great place for support

D
Old 06-25-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, im trying so hard but im stuck with the stable environment. And in mass its tough for some people, others just get it handed to them and most dont need it and are abusing the.system or its non american citizens. They seem to help them out more than their own people who desperately need it and are US citizens its very sad. And unfair. What am I supposed to do live on the street with 2 kids and never get a chance to get my other daughter back?!? My parents arent being fair either. Not even letting me be alone with her or take her out. I feel guilty when i take my other daughter out somewhere and then when im telling everyone she looks so sad, like why did you take me mommy, but guess what then my parents or siblings have to one up me and take her out of state to santas village or storyland. Its getting crazy, but i cant do nothing til i have a stable place (but no income) before i stand in front of judge. Thats y im hoping that theirs a sober living that accepts children. That way i can still keep up with my sobriety, have my kids with me and meet other people like me.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome Kirsten!

SoberRecovery, like any connection, can help you find a sober living situation if you put effort into it. Read around and post often!
Old 06-25-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What about women shelters......maybe they could help you.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Angry Re: womens shelter

Ive tried and they say you have to go through dta (dept of transitional assistance but i get no where with them. They keep saying i have to have someone i can stay with. And i really cant
Old 06-26-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR
Old 06-27-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Kristen!!