Notices

Oh my god

Old 06-19-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh my god

I just checked how much I drank last night. It was a liter of vodka...A LITER. I can't believe i drank that much in like 2-3 hours. I am full of so much guilt and sadness right now. I can't believe I do this to my body. How have I not shut down? Am I going to be ok if I never drink again? Is it too late for me?
Old 06-19-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think it is ever too late. We have the gift of a new day each day, and you can choose to do whatever you want with that day. Start fresh tomorrow.:-)
Old 06-19-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can't undo last night scared - but you can strike out in a new direction today...every day wee stay sober our bodies and minds heal

D
Old 06-19-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

As long as you are breathing, it's never too late. However, if you make a habit of drinking that much on a regular basis, I would suggest you see your doctor about it. He/she may be able to give you some medication to help you through the withdrawals.

Don't ever feel like you have gone too far. There is always hope.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My last relapse and final night was a mix of booze and pills. It still scares me to death I was so out of control and cheated death.

There's two kinds of guilt: healthy and unhealthy. I was stuck in a vicious cycle of binging, feeling guilty, but then drinking to alleviate said guilt. That's unhealthy guilt. Healthy guilt is feeling bad about a mistake, but learning from it, and moving forward. Easier said then done, but it's a better alternative to the cycle. I wish you well and hope you find a balance.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

How did you go from this:

"I will promise to stick around and post. I will take all of your guys advice to heart and keep fighting. "

To a liter of vodka?
Old 06-19-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went on autopilot
Old 06-19-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You will be able to stay sober when you want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Take it literally, one day at a time. When you want to cave to the AV? Post here instead. Im wrapping up day 4.

Tomorrow is day 5. I'll take it and then move to day 6 on Sunday.

All my best.

OMB
Old 06-19-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What is it about vodka? I used to drink, way to much. When I switched from beer an bourbon to vodka it got way out of control. A liter in a night was not unusual at all in fact it was very normal. Then again my life's situation had taken a turn for the worse at this point too.
You've been wrestling with this for quite a while. Aren't you getting tired of it? You know it will kill you eventually if you keep going like this. If you let yourself think rationally for a bit the choice really plain to see. Either take the seemingly easy path and die in a drunken stupor or gain some self love and respect and scratch and claw your way out of this prison you've locked yourself in. It's so much more peaceful and free out here on the other side. Why not get serious and give it a go? It's not going to be easy but nothing worth while in life is.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just start over...right now...in this moment. We can't change the past but we can learn from it! I have a good feeling about you. You are gonna make it, I just know it!
Old 06-19-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Scared1234 View Post
I went on autopilot
Grab the wheel back. You might not get many more chances at the rate you are going now.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

We can always draw a line in the sand and say no more, the past is the past, but the future remains unwritten!!

More support and camping out here on SR for a bit might be a plan Scared.

Take small steps, one day at a time!!
Old 06-20-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good luck Scared. I hope you get through it. Someone on this thread mentioned meds from the dr for treatment..Does anyone know anything about this? As I didn't know there was anything to take that may control the cravings? I don't mean to hijack your thread btw just thinking of what might help.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
How did you go from this:

"I will promise to stick around and post. I will take all of your guys advice to heart and keep fighting. "

To a liter of vodka?
Briefly, I hope you didn't intend this with the judgment it seems to imply.

Scared, I know how you feel. I've had days where I'm determined to stick to a plan in the morning, but find myself drinking again by 6 that very evening. I know how easy it is to rationalize that "one more time" won't be a problem. You have friends here who will encourage to you to keep fighting. There are very few among us who have never relapsed.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Scared do you have a recovery plan for sobriety
Old 06-20-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scared1234 View Post
I just checked how much I drank last night. It was a liter of vodka...A LITER. I can't believe i drank that much in like 2-3 hours. I am full of so much guilt and sadness right now. I can't believe I do this to my body. How have I not shut down? Am I going to be ok if I never drink again? Is it too late for me?
It's definitely not too late for you...

I've woken up to find nearly a gallon of empty vodka bottles....

Now I'm nearly a year and a half sober.

It's not too late, and the best time to begin embracing sobriety is RIGHT NOW.