Notices

Suggestions??

Old 06-15-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I tried individual therapy, one on one for a while. It was working, and I should have stuck with it longer. I couldn't compare it to AA, but it's an option, especially if your insurance will cover it. The therapist actually recommended AA too, in addition to the one on one work she was doing. For me, the experience of anticipating the next appointment and wanting to show improvement, like to a teacher or guru, was helpful.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you again, everyone!! You're all such a great help! I'm not "shy, shy", but tend to when it comes to speaking in front of groups! I can talk the paint off of a wall, haha, but I stiffen up in front of groups! I'm still willing to give it a shot, even if I just sit and listen! Who knows, I might surprise myself and start babbling away!! :-)
Old 06-15-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You may want to look up " big book online" and do some reading of what the program of aa is all about.
What the fellowship is about is a group of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others recover from alcoholism.
Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help others recover from alcoholism.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sounds good, TomSteve!! I'll check into that!
Old 06-15-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yeap plenty of options out there!! Try a few out and see what works!!
Old 06-16-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm so grateful for a site like this... & of course, all of you amazing people! Thank God for that!! <3
Old 06-16-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Did you end up going to a meeting yesterday?
Old 06-16-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Did you end up going to a meeting yesterday?
Hi Casey! No, I had to work late and have to for the the rest of the week. 2 of my coworkers gave their 2 week notice, so my boss had to divi up their accounts! Ugh! I have no clue how we are going to survive until we get 2 more people in here. My plate is beyond full and I don't do dessert! Ha! Thank you for asking. I stayed late here, rushed to the store for dinner stuff, made dinner and g'night I went!! I'm going to see what their weekend schedule is like and probably grab an iced coffee, which is the only kind I drink IF I drink coffee and then head to it and grab a spot in the back so I can listen in, being it will be my first time! I hope you're having a great day!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Cool. Don't overstress yourself at work and keep on keeping on one day at a time. You're on the right path. Thanks for answering!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sometimes it's easier said than done to not get stressed out at work!! ...especially my job! I'll manage... I think! lol!! All I know is I can't wait to cook din when I get out of here! I've been eating really well and exercising on the weekends when I have the time and energy! Doing up some pierogis, sautéed in butter, olive oil, onions and shallots! Then some kielbasa marinated in vinegar! Oh, and should I end it with some rye bread and butta!? :-)
I hope you have a great evening!!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yes, you should go for the rye bread and butter too. And you should bring enough to share with the rest of the class. That all sounds so delicious!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Dinner is at 7:30!! Come one, come all! Seriously though, cooking has always been a passion of mine! The only thing, I started cooking with white wine and now I can't do that anymore... it will bring back too many nights of... here's the wine for the chicken and then here's mine, PLUS all of my other alcoholic beverages!! It's so weird that I've already come so far! I say that lightly, bec. I know I have tons of work and progress ahead of me!! I'll snap a pic of the finished product and find a way to post it on here. Also, can I get notifications when I have new comments on posts? I've been wingin' it... and I'm not talking about chicken wings!! lol!!! I'll go to "my posts" and if I see the number has risen, then I check, other than that, with all of the comments I've posted, who knows if I've missed anything from older posts and I'm not a meanie... I will write back to anyone who writes or at least acknowledge it! Thank you for your help too, by the way!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Re-Member

There's a "My Posts" link on the bar towards the top that lists links to your posts and your threads. That might be what you're looking for. Enjoy your dinner. The drive is a little far but I appreciate the invite.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You, my friend, are awesome!! Thanks! Heading out now!! Finally!! Oh my tiredness!! Now, instead of getting paid to slave away, I have to do it for free! But!! It will be absolutely rewarding! I deserve a night of not-so-healthy food!! I hope you enjoy your evening! Good night for a walk!! I want my Rhode Island walk/hike from last weekend back!! What a beautiful place!! If you're bored, look up Cliff Island in Rhodey! That's where I landed last weekend! Amazing!! I can't wait to go back!!
Old 06-16-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Let us know how you get on at that meeting. I've met some amazing people in AA, and made some gorgeous new friends. I just wish everywhere was as warm and friendly. My regular meeting is like stepping into a warm bath.

AA do a really great (short) book, which I highly recommend when starting out (for people in AA or not) called Living Sober. It's cheap as chips and can be found on Amazon. Monkey on my Shoulder's good as well.

Good luck.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'll definitely let you know, Beccy! :-)
Old 06-17-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
~sb

413-532-2111 Call this intergroup number and ask about Young People in AA meetings

( I lived in Longmeadow when I was about 3 years old! )
Old 06-17-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi sugarbear!! OMG! Small world! Longmeadow is like 15min. away from me! Thank you for that number! Appreciate it! <3