Notices

I relapse because I want to chance it one more time?

Old 06-04-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Trudgin

As the saying goes - what I use to call boredom I now classify as serenity.

Instant classic from EndGame =" Don't sweat it. When all we do is put down the drink and make no other meaningful changes in our lives, we'll soon fill it up with enough mayhem to drive us to drink."

Totally agree. But, that said it takes time. I have to stay sober long enough and stay available to the change and new opportunities that unfold. I can't "hack" this. Sometimes I have to be still.......

Thanks for the thread - good topic!
Old 06-04-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am 8 months in now and during this time I have visited pubs and sat around watching others drink! I watch how they sit, talk crap, forgetting what they just said and then repeating it. Staggering out of the pub and fall over etc. sitting drinking, needing to pee every five minutes and spending a fortune to feel utterly shite the next day? That's boring and that WAS me. Same routine every night, day in day out. Arguing, stating that I was going to attack the next person who looked at me the wrong way, lovely!

Now I actually have started doing the things I want to do not what alcohol wants me to!

You can do this for you!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

if you were to google "adrenaline junkie" you'd find some interesting links.

i just did
Old 06-04-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Serper- glad you are here. There is a lot of wisdom within these walls and I hope it helps you.

Please, quit while you are ahead. Taking drinking off of the table totally is the key, and the only way. You will continue to have 'one more day' of drinking- and in a blink of an eye 20 years of 'one more days' will have gone by. And the 'fun' will be long gone along with them. I've lived it.

doggonecarl nailed it- " 'One more' is the crack in the door through which all reason flees."

Great thread, everyone.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Your only on day 5, I had similar feelings after I quit. I wondered what I was going to do and seemed bored. 5 months later I am rarely ever bored and I look back in amazement at how I wasted so much time in a bottle which is sad. The bottle is truly a waste too, don't fool you self into thinking it is doing anything for you except killing you.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Interesting.These are a few of my thoughts.I am 49 and can kind of relate.The short answer is you are an alcoholic but are not owning it.Without going into too many details I have not had 3 sober days in aprox 25 years except for being in the hospital.Kept my job at a fortune 50 company until 2 years ago and the ...what are they going to fire me thing...well yes they will.I have been there and done it...mostly wasted....from walking into a bar with just a sock on my Johnson and a t shirt on...yes that was to see if I could get away with it..I have many stories that are more off the wall the reason I bring it up is mabey some of the sick things I did were fun and nobody got hurt thank god but if you keep up the drinking it will catch up to you like it did me.There is nothing fun about waking up after passing out the night before and having to drink so you don't have to go to the emergency room.You will loose everything trust me I came close,dont know why my wife and kids dealt with my shi.. for so long.To your being board,That is exactly how I thought my life would be,how can I exist without being at least buzzed jesus everything is better buzzed.I am funnier ,great in bed and everything is awesome right? Not really .For me when I was younger it was fun and crazy games wait and see what it will do to you as you get older it consumes you cant put it any other way,see what drinking a quart a day for 8 months does to you....its not fun.After 2 rehabs and hitting rock botton I am sober almost 2 months and life isn't boaring just different in a great way.My friends are telling me how messed up I was back then from horrible breath to being a nasty drunk...need to hear that.Nothing wrong with sowing oates but be careful sounds like your one f up from jail.To end...some of us can never pick up again I am one of those people.you might be also..I hope you don't go down my path...Get your mind right