Notices

I am a newbie.....please help me

Old 08-27-2004, 10:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

new to sobriety also

Hi Kelli, My name is Margaret Ann and it's only been 2 days now for me. I not going to give advice because that would be the blind leading the blind. I have just about lost everything that means so much to me because of alcohol and cocaine. I am at my wits end with this crap. Places like this web site is a godsend for me and hopefully for you, too.I need to go a meeting.
I don't even feel like getting out of the house right now. I feel safe here.
And as long as I can talk about the problem, I feel better. I'm scared of tomorrow. Now i'm just rambling. I need a friend too. Maybe together we can lick this rut we are in. God bless you sweetie. that's all for now.

Last edited by nashvillewinner; 08-27-2004 at 10:57 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-27-2004, 11:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
just j

Hi There. Kelli~ My husband does not understand why I can't ALWAYS just have a couple. I think that is where talking to people here and/or AA has such a feeling of understanding. How can anyone completely understand the problem if they do not suffer from it. Keep up the good work! j

Margaret, you, like me, feel better talking about it, even if it is online and not face to face right now. It feels like the beginning of healing when you are accepted and not judged. That is what I am able to really feel the comfort in as well as the support and knowledge that I (we) are not alone in this struggle for what to me, will mean freedom.

take care, j
Old 08-27-2004, 03:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Headed in the right direction.

Kelli/Michelle -
Hi, Carrie here, alcoholic.

Your wanting to stop and being desperate are so important to the plan of recovery.
Keep your Dr. appointment. If those two nurses called you, they were doing so at the Dr.'s direction and they are PROHIBITED by law from telling anyone else about your test results. They MUST keep silent.

Please look in the yellow pages for a number for AA and please try to make it to one meeting. If you want to stop drinking, there is a way. But WANTING to stop is only the first step. You have to know HOW.

I too tried many times to stop drinking, and never understood why I'd find myself with a beer bottle again or a hangover again or throwing up...AGAIN. It was so weird.

I had to read that in an alcoholic's body, alcohol acts as a sedative and your body does two things, 1) takes alcohol and makes your brain sedated (that is why we can't stop afer 1 drink);
and 2) our bodies become dependent on the sugars that occur in alcohol,(that explains the desire to drink again). It goes on from there. But only after I realized it is a CHEMICAL process in my body and not just a simple matter of will power, I knew I needed to get a plan in order to stop drinking.

I sincerely hope you find the power to stop. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Seek the help you need. Most of us couldn't stop by just trying it alone.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Hey Kelli--I am glad you are feeling a little better. By all means, you should keep your appointment for the CT. Hiding your head in the sand could mean losing your life. You CAN get better. Just coming here right now is okay, but at some point, if you are anything like me, and from your posts I think you are JUST like me, you will need to develop some sort of recovery plan. I found an unbelievable amount of love and support in the rooms of AA. It is a life-saving program, and it works.

God bless you and please keep posting and letting us know how you are doing!!!

Hugs--
Old 08-27-2004, 06:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You'll Never Be Alone With Us ((((Kelli)))))

Originally Posted by kelli/michelle
Here I was thinking I was alone. You guys are all great and from every reply I have learned something.
My husband is very supportive of me but can't understand why I can't just stop. He feels it should be so easy.
My CT scan is scheduled for Monday morning. Guess there is no backing out now.
Thanks to each one of you for all your words of wisdom.
Kelli
Kelli I'm so so happy your husband is supportive, that's a huge bonus. He'll never understand why you can't just STOP, how could he, until he's battling with this, it's hard for us to understand let alone someone who's never been caught up in this. My hubby isn't supportive, if anything he keeps sabbataging me, the arse, oops did I just call him a name? well look at that I did, that was a love tap, lol, he doesn't understand why I don't just STOP also, so go figure, and makes my battle a bit harder, but we all have choices don't we?

About your hubby, there must be something he really likes doing, and it might be hard for him to stop, well toss that in his court, ask him to give it up forever, and when he says it's hard to do, tell him the same thing, hey I don't understand why you can't.

Nope no turning back, and I'm wishing you all the best with your scan, and your journey to sobriety.

Love and hugs.....Denise